DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Mavic, lost conection between remote and drone.

I think we kinda knew that the connection to the RC was lost, but here it is.
upload_2016-12-26_17-25-25.png
At time 67.7373 the connection was lost (shown by the pink background). Then at time 73.6 the Mavic initiated a go home because of the loss of connection (shown by the grey background).
upload_2016-12-26_17-29-25.png
In order to go home the Mavic started ascending until it ran into something at around 7 meters.

I would have thought the Mavic wouldn't ascend during a go-to-home this close to the homePoint. It won't if an RTH is initiated. Apparently the strategy is different if the flightAction is a OUTOF_CONTROL_GOHOME instead of an RTH.

OK, so far I haven't had any more issues after the recent firmware update. I still want to be able to fly in my yard below trees though. Is there a way to set the Mavic to hover upon signal loss instead of triggering a return home?

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Yes the RTH function can be changed to suit your surroundings. One of which is to hover.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Is there a way to set the Mavic to hover upon signal loss instead of triggering a return home?
You can find that option in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

You mentioned you uninstalled the DJI go app then installed the DJI go 4 app. I am sure I read in the manual (although it could have been elsewhere as I have read so much over the 4 days since getting my drone) that both apps need to be installed. ....

What's the general opinion on this?

I would have thought the Mavic wouldn't ascend during a go-to-home this close to the homePoint. It won't if an RTH is initiated. Apparently the strategy is different if the flightAction is a OUTOF_CONTROL_GOHOME instead of an RTH.
Mavic Manual page 16:
It will ascend to 32 ft between 16 ft and 66 ft from Home Point !
---
If RTH, including Smart RTH and Low Battery RTH, is triggered between 16 ft
and 66 ft (5 m and 20 m) from the home point, and Forward Vision System is
activated:
1. If aircraft's current altitude is greater than 32 ft (10 m), the aircraft will return
to the home point at the current altitude.
2. If aircraft's current altitude is lower than 32 ft (10 m), the aircraft will first
automatically ascend to 32 ft (10 m), from the current altitude.
The flight speed will be adjusted to 9 mph (14 kph). The aircraft will start
landing immediately if the Forward Vision System is deactivated. When entering
Failsafe RTH, the Forward Vision System status is evaluated and RTH will adapt
accordingly.
---

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members