DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New UK drone laws next week

Well? Have there been any mutterings about new laws or is it just the ramblings of that highly respected, intellectual, well informed and politically balanced publication?

UK are follow the same way as China. Law and regulations for drone are not mainly for public safe but money. Those incident are coming without a prove and picture for evidence.

UK are follow the same way as China. Law and regulations for drone are not mainly for public safe but money. Those incident are coming without a prove and picture for evidence.
...and as you say that there are reports of two drones closing down ATC at Gatwick airport. You have to take these things more seriously or you will pander to the few idiots who feel justified in flouting the rules because nothing bad has happened yet. This encourages those idiots to take greater risk and ultimately cause the death of one or many people.

Whilst I do not condone unsafe flying of drones by idiots that infect this community and sometimes post public videos of their drones in questionable flights - height location etc..... I do take these things seriously.
What i don't take seriously, is when I see media misreporting without hard evidence or facts. Media reporting in all its forms is a powerful tool used to condition, inform, mis-inform the social masses et al. Sadly, today much of the mainstream media appears to prefer to mis-inform as an aid to deliver government and lobbyist agendas. There are two sides to every truth.....

The gatwick incident yesterday will make people think and this is the excuses DJI are utilising to add to their crippling GEO system.What is great is the description.

reporter "what did the drone look like"

interviewee "it had 4 propellors"

Now they are talking about location detection and GEO systems which DJI are gonna love to death.

No one has any reason to be within 2 miles of any airport anywhere regardless of how the media portray it.

It is plane-ly (pun intended) stupidity on a level that is beyond me.

The new parameter changes are both good and bad for me i keep all the NFZ warnings on the new app which allows me to turn awayu still knowing i have not lost RTH on signal loss etc and my drone does not become a hovering brick.

DJi need, as do the other drone makers to find a viable middle ground for flyers instead of the terrible implementation of GEO now. If DJI actually had advisors that are from the general public with a range of views i am sure that a good middle road solution would be found/ right now though it has turned into a them and us situation which is never good.

Yes the media over egg the custard every time yet there is no smoke without fire. Some risks are acceptable like trying to navigate into a waterfall in a tight area with a lack of gps in a jungle with no one around.

altitudes can now be broken again in mountain areas this may be needed as long as safety risks are accounted for. DJI will by essence of restricting everyone in so many aspects, will draw the stupid to do stupid things as a way of sticking two fingers up at DJI.

The Media talk a lot of BS but these incidents are happening and papers are there to sell storys and make money.

It is the drone flyers though who are giving them the oppurtunity to sensationalise that story to the degree where new laws are made.

be sensible and fly with some sense of responsibillity and the media would have nothing to sensationalise.

Even putting aside the difficulty in getting a drone up there (it's not something you can just buy a £100 drone for and stick it up), there's the question of why...there's no good spy shots as these are just commercial airliners and I would have thought if someone wanted to crash the drone into a plane they would have done so.

What if it was an unsuccessful mission by Muhammad?

Link to some of these videos please.
You can fly at high altitude if you have a convenient mountain to take off from.
It isn't a simple matter to modify the 500m altitude restriction from take off point.
Going up that high and back down again soon takes longer than is possible with normal battery life too, because descent is actually quite slow to be safe.
there is already photos at 3300 metres for a mavic the mods are out there its called flight parameter changes and they are done (the sport mode mod also changes the parameters for descent speed and ascent speed so the battery life is not an issue and switchhing the parameters for battery to third party will stop auto RTH and also turn of the 10 percent landing) it will also allow flights to over 50mph and with the right parameter changes i have seen a Mavic at 88mph by a member on here.

i can also tell you the altitude limit param change IS WORKING and i can personally confirm the 500m limit can be changed to just about anything you want.

the sport mod is also working as is the NFZ but only on any firmware below 0700.

None of this is new and all is available online right now if you know where to look and do some research, the Russians had it two months ago and now a non hack parameter change is out there and no i am not providing any links for this or PMing anyone with the links so pls do not ask.

So if all of that does not make you think twice about the possibillity of how easy it now is to break into restricted airspace and at an altitude that is dangerous to even think about then you are blinded and in denial

What if it was an unsuccessful mission by Muhammad?

I think it's highly unlikely they've repeatedly managed to get a drone right beside a plane and not actually into it if that was the intention and it wouldn't explain why these near misses are so far spaced apart in both time and distance plus with different models of drones.

John

Last edited:
there is already photos at 3300 metres for a mavic the mods are out there its called flight parameter changes and they are done (the sport mode mod also changes the parameters for descent speed and ascent speed so the battery life is not an issue and switchhing the parameters for battery to third party will stop auto RTH and also turn of the 10 percent landing) it will also allow flights to over 50mph and with the right parameter changes i have seen a Mavic at 88mph by a member on here.

i can also tell you the altitude limit param change IS WORKING and i can personally confirm the 500m limit can be changed to just about anything you want.

the sport mod is also working as is the NFZ but only on any firmware below 0700.

None of this is new and all is available online right now if you know where to look and do some research, the Russians had it two months ago and now a non hack parameter change is out there and no i am not providing any links for this or PMing anyone with the links so pls do not ask.

So if all of that does not make you think twice about the possibillity of how easy it now is to break into restricted airspace and at an altitude that is dangerous to even think about then you are blinded and in denial
I'm aware of this now but it was not possible a few days ago.

I'm aware of this now but it was not possible a few days ago.
it was possible two months ago this is not new this week

it was only this week the general public knew about it but it is not a new modification

I'm generally unconvinced by a trove of googled papers and reports -- particularly when commissioned by bureaucracies -- than I am actual reality.

As I said, I can't find the video I saw some time ago, @collins juvenile posturing demanded I respond with at least some actual footage to support my assertion.

Here's a goose (~8lbs) penetrating the windscreen of a Cessna 210:

Had that been a Mavic, those guys might have been killed, and it would have likely shot through and out the back.

If @collins and others don't understand why this is, they need to take a few semesters of physics at their local community college.

Reactions: westonmavicpilot
I think, to a certain extent, you are all missing one vital point. If this was 'true as reported' (and the UK press does abide by some regulations) then it was an illegal flight. It was either too close to the airport or too high. So there is no need to change the law - just enforce it (and the rest of us abide by the current rules). I'm in Greece at the moment, where since 01/17 you have to have lodge a plan for every flight. Count your blessings that the UK rules are not so draconian.

Reactions: 4wd
I think, to a certain extent, you are all missing one vital point. If this was 'true as reported' (and the UK press does abide by some regulations) then it was an illegal flight. It was either too close to the airport or too high. So there is no need to change the law - just enforce it (and the rest of us abide by the current rules). I'm in Greece at the moment, where since 01/17 you have to have lodge a plan for every flight. Count your blessings that the UK rules are not so draconian.
Not Yet but.....................

Agreed, existing laws are more than adequate, just enforce them!

We have a similar issue in my state with rabbits. No pet rabbits allowed, fine was $2,200 on the spot. Too many people were bringing them with them when moving to this state as they were not aware of the laws. So rather than increase the awareness of the current laws their decision was to up the fine to a max of $44,000...

Agreed, existing laws are more than adequate, just enforce them!

We have a similar issue in my state with rabbits. No pet rabbits allowed, fine was $2,200 on the spot. Too many people were bringing them with them when moving to this state as they were not aware of the laws. So rather than increase the awareness of the current laws their decision was to up the fine to a max of $44,000...
Lol, what have poor rabbits done to anyone? They are great in a pie! No rabbits but let me guess.. you can own as many hand cannons as you like right? ;):D Gotta love Murica

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead