DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New update, first flight without beginner mode, AWSOME!

Rcdude1990

Reactions
Whats up guys!
So I updated the mavic today and took it out for flight to test my whole drift issue as stated in a previous thread. Went to a local park. Setup and was ready.
I wanted to play with the intelligent flight modes but unfortently you couldn't do that in beginner mode for some reason.
I've flown my 3dr solo and the mavic for some time and got use to it so I put my big boy pants on and took it out of beginner mode.

Definitely saw a huge difference in speed and yaw, in going to need to check on how to adjust some settings as I would want to tone it down a notch.

With my 3dr solo I never flew past 150 ft high as I saw it would freak out not to mention the gimbal sucked

This mavic took on 8mph winds like a champ! Again can't figure out why my other location has the drift but it's researchable.
Nothing but positive and surprisingly proud in my self as I didn't wimp out and I let the mavic take the sky. Yea you get that stomach drop a little but once it was up man the view was insane!

400 ft high! Never flew so high before! | SkyPixel.com

Anyone using the sky pixel app? Add me would love to see fellow flyers!

I will have to defend the Solo in saying that I never had problems above 150ft and my gimbal is great. I think the Solo and Hero4 Black is still my rig of choice for smooth video. Now on to your Mavic. The Mavic is great for what it does and sucks hardbody at what it can't do. I love the size and the ability to get it out and up in less than a couple of minutes. I love being able to move through tight spots and I love the fact that it has collision avoidance. I have trouble seeing my mavic past 200ft out and 400ft high. I haven't updated yet but I plan too. I noticed a little drift while I was in Miami a couple weeks ago but nothing that I couldn't control. Maybe the update will fix that.

I will have to defend the Solo in saying that I never had problems above 150ft and my gimbal is great. I think the Solo and Hero4 Black is still my rig of choice for smooth video. Now on to your Mavic. The Mavic is great for what it does and sucks hardbody at what it can't do. I love the size and the ability to get it out and up in less than a couple of minutes. I love being able to move through tight spots and I love the fact that it has collision avoidance. I have trouble seeing my mavic past 200ft out and 400ft high. I haven't updated yet but I plan too. I noticed a little drift while I was in Miami a couple weeks ago but nothing that I couldn't control. Maybe the update will fix that.

Cool another solo droner. Yes it was a pod drone but in reality the GoPro just wasn't meant for flight. I always had the limp gimbal even after I had to do the whole wire re routing.

Yes I never took a drone up that high and yea the mavic was hard to see I definitely see your point.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman