DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Years Fireworks in 4K

DJI Ferrari

Reactions
So I just shot my first live fireworks video. An extremely nice neighbor I just met offered for me to come watch his fireworks display, I though because I have a Mavic Pro I'd shot a video in 4K at detonation level (250-400 FEET Alt) over $2000 USD of fireworks were detonated. The show was amazing. I have seen people on you tube fly through it but I am not insured yet and I was too fearful of having a run in with one of the many explosions so I kept my distance, I did however get about 30 feet away from one but that scared me a little and I backed off to about 60-100 feet. You guys and gals tell me what you think. I have the video set to unlisted because I did use music for the background that wasn't made by me and mainly because I have a number of hidden subscribers which constantly harass me with threatening comments as well as foul language and because I let children watch many of my videos, I can't allow such so please understand.

Here is the link, I think still in processing though.

Regardless of my new video, HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL : )!

So I just shot my first live fireworks video. An extremely nice neighbor I just met offered for me to come watch his fireworks display, I though because I have a Mavic Pro I'd shot a video in 4K at detonation level (250-400 FEET Alt) over $2000 USD of fireworks were detonated. The show was amazing. I have seen people on you tube fly through it but I am not insured yet and I was too fearful of having a run in with one of the many explosions so I kept my distance, I did however get about 30 feet away from one but that scared me a little and I backed off to about 60-100 feet. You guys and gals tell me what you think. I have the video set to unlisted because I did use music for the background that wasn't made by me and mainly because I have a number of hidden subscribers which constantly harass me with threatening comments as well as foul language and because I let children watch many of my videos, I can't allow such so please understand.

Interesting. What was your altitude? Can you share your camera settings for this shot?

And Happy New Year!

Reactions: DJI Ferrari
shocking waste of $2000 USD
Dissapoint 7 secs after clicking start
You think its a waste to buy fireworks? Or is it that that was too many? Well I liked my video as it was my first time I was able to record it from the sky. I am sorry to hear that you disliked my video, I tried my best, sorry to disappoint you.

Reactions: Smalls and cloneme
Interesting. What was your altitude? Can you share your camera settings for this shot?

And Happy New Year!
Sadly i didnt take a screenshoot of my phone screen but my altitude for most of was about 376 feet

You think its a waste to buy fireworks? Or is it that that was too many?
Just the prospect of seeing $2000 USD as described when the intro was rolling left me feeling somewhat kinda pffftt! wait! what? how much for that!!
[Edit]
(for the record I can think of better things to blow $2000 USD on)
...but whatever someone must be making a profit down the line (probably Chinese)
You had a good position for the deflated spectacle IMO but again still dissapoint in terms of any explosive content (I got bored after 15 secs)

Last edited:
Just the prospect of seeing $2000 USD as described when the intro was rolling left me feeling somewhat kinda pffftt! wait! what? how much for that!!
[Edit]
...but whatever someone must be making a profit down the line (probably Chinese)
You had a good position for the deflated spectacle IMO but again still disappoint in terms of any explosive content (I got bored after 15 secs)
Honestly I agree as if I had 2000 usd I would buy maybe 150-200 usd of fireworks for my family, and if it was just me then maybe 50 usd or maybe id just spend 20 usd at the baton rouge levee for a coke and some frost top and just watch for free, but that is what my neighbor got, his money though, I was just glad to be able to watch it and be able to make my first full real mavic pro video. I myself am very poor and it took a while to save, well, two months to save and get my mavic air. Lol, 2000 is a lot huh, lol well happy new years to you and your family and friends btw : )

WOW!!! Awesome video, Boss, you the man... Wish I cd record like that..
Don't listen to the nae sayers, they're just jealous of your skills and area...
In fact, this forum should only allow positive flowing comments..
And just skip the 'Negativos', who can only find fault, to make themselves
feel better than the rest of us.. They know who they are...
Meanwhile, I'm going outside and fly my MA...
Happy New Year all..............K

[Edit]
You had a good position for the deflated spectacle IMO but again still dissapoint in terms of any explosive content (I got bored after 15 secs)
well if you watch all the way through it, you'd see some really big ones he shot up, there is a lot, he shot, it lasted over 30 minutes and I shot nearly 30 minutes of it but could only edit 9 minutes because my pc(WINDOWS10) is very slow and it took all night to edit the nine minutes, I could have put everything I shot in, but it would have taken too long to make and i only have 11 gigs free on my pc and putting everything i shot in would have taken more than like, 14 to 15 gigs and the video i uploaded took up 6 gigs as it was so. minutes because a lot i kept flying while he was setting up more each time and i had only three batteries and each time he reloaded it took like ten minutes then he would shoot off like 30 to 40 each time. also, I

OK guys lets stay civil in this, have deleted several post and please don't be rude anymore .
Some were uncalled for and some just clean up .
Carry on..
Issue pm me don't post it .

it ain't what you do it's the way that you do it
all that matters is that you enjoyed it
thank you for your kindness as some others was rude, you are right and i enjoyed what i recorded, I think I am lucky because not everyone has a drone and is able to record like this. I am also just thankful to have been given the opportunity.

Reactions: SpinItUp
Lucky you! Not many people get the opportunity to shoot fireworks up close!

Not sure why the fuss about the USD2K spent on fireworks... OP wasn't the one paying for it anyway. Was hoping to see comments/suggestions like how he could have shot the scene better so everyone can learn from it, if the opportunity arises. There are filmmakers and there are hobbyists here, so constructive criticism will benefit everyone.

I can't give any valuable comment as I'm new to drones and making videos, but good effort and hope you had fun shooting this!

Reactions: DJI Ferrari
Lucky you! Not many people get the opportunity to shoot fireworks up close!

Not sure why the fuss about the USD2K spent on fireworks... OP wasn't the one paying for it anyway. Was hoping to see comments/suggestions like how he could have shot the scene better so everyone can learn from it, if the opportunity arises. There are filmmakers and there are hobbyists here, so constructive criticism will benefit everyone.

I can't give any valuable comment as I'm new to drones and making videos, but good effort and hope you had fun shooting this!
Hello I am the pilot who shot this, I would have liked some comments on how I could have done it better as this was my first real video shoot. Thank you for being like the only one who noticed lol. Happy Mardi Gras btw.

Reactions: Mavic_Dan
Hello I am the pilot who shot this, I would have liked some comments on how I could have done it better as this was my first real video shoot. Thank you for being like the only one who noticed lol. Happy Mardi Gras btw.
@DJI Ferrari No worries. I'm also new and learning a lot from this forum, there are a lot of nice guys around here who gives very valuable feedback and advice.

Keep flying and post more videos!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM