DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie - day 2 with mavic and second edit

Purple Fox

Reactions
Go easy, this was the second day I had the mavic and the second time I have edited a video using the dji go 4 app.

It's a bit jerky, panning and moving the gimbal slowly and smoothly takes some practice!

Also there is a reflection from the front left prop I think this happens when using the gimbal cover, maybe it's just because it's the time of year with low sun but what do you all do - film with or without the transparent cover?

Finally, I can't figure out how to use transitions in the dji go 4 app. If anyone can help then much appreciated.

Forgot to add, I filmed the ferry leaving the berth and then you will see it cuts to ferry leaving the harbour.

I thought I was recording as it drew along side but when I pressed the button to stop the recording, it started and I hadn't actually been recording when I thought I was. This has happened a few times, I think it's filming and it's not. ...maybe I needed to focus before starting recording. ....? Just a newbie error I supose.

I wouldn't worry too much about the jerky panning, you will get better with practise. It is a nice crisp image. :) It is not advisable to fly with the gimbal cover on as there is an air intake behind the gimbal/camera assy which the Mavic requires to keep the internals cool. By keeping the cover on it prevents the air flow from doing its job. Probably not so bad in the Northern Hemisphere at the moment cause it is Winter but if I were to do it here my Mavic would be fried in no time. :)

Ah OK thanks for the advice.

I had looked in the manual and it says something along the lines of 'use when necessary' so wasn't exactly sure what that meant.

Thanks again

Looks good, and a nice day too! I would remove the cover due to plastic also as I would imagine it would cause weird reflections. I always thought it was more for transport only. Nice to see footage of that Ferry, I have never filmed it and its always been a case of one day I will actually make the effort too.

Purple Fox after creating your clips, you then create a movie with those clips. The clips will all be stitched together and you will have a vertical line (symbol for None transition), tap on that vertical line and it will allow you select one of the 4 transitions. Hope that helps!

Purple Fox after creating your clips, you then create a movie with those clips. The clips will all be stitched together and you will have a vertical line (symbol for None transition), tap on that vertical line and it will allow you select one of the 4 transitions. Hope that helps!

Hmm, thanks for that. There must be something I am doing wrong as I cannot see a vertical bar except the one with numbers on and cannot click on this. ..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-30-19-52-17.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-30-19-52-17.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Hmm, thanks for that. There must be something I am doing wrong as I cannot see a vertical bar except the one with numbers on and cannot click on this. ..
Are you using DJI GO for Android? The picture that you posted looks different from mine (iOS version).

IMG_2187[1].PNG

Yeah using android. I have a galaxy note 4.

Maybe that's it then. ...
Purple Fox,
I just realized I was using the DJI Go (seems to have more features) and not the DJI Go 4 app for my iPhone. The DJI Go 4 does have transition. If you don't have that icon play the video till both play and I think the icon will show up.

Attachments

• IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 9
Purple Fox,
I just realized I was using the DJI Go (seems to have more features) and not the DJI Go 4 app for my iPhone. The DJI Go 4 does have transition. If you don't have that icon play the video till both play and I think the icon will show up.
Thanks for that, I definitely don't have that icon between the clips. How annoying.
Do you mind if I use your screen shot and start a new thread to discuss?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky