DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie here from Central Valley NY

I will check into this, so far I have only been aware of the RTH height setting which I have been adjusting accordingly. I went out earlier and when setting the RTH height I wasn’t too sure what height to set it at because I wanted to set it 15-20’ above tree height. The question I was asking myself is:
When I ascended (car parking lot; home point RTH=100’). I was at a higher elevation (appx150’) from where I was going to be flying on the athletic fields and school grounds so, if/when the drone was going to RTH, I wasn’t sure if the drone was going to go 100’ above the school grounds or if it would go to 250’ above school grounds? Hence being 100’ above the parking lot.
I was afraid of the drone flying 250’ above the fields due to windy conditions.
Trying to learn the limitations of flying w/o a disaster and ruining my self isolation. ?
I think your getting confused with altitude at sea level and altitude above take off site. Generally it is altitude about take off site so your drone should report the height accordingly. Map height will differ. To understand this look up AGL and AMSL on the net

Reactions: Birds-in-Flight
I think your getting confused with altitude at sea level and altitude above take off site. Generally it is altitude about take off site so your drone should report the height accordingly. Map height will differ. To understand this look up AGL and AMSL on the net

Thank you, I looked it up and it sure clarified my question....

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Mini.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason