DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie in Florida

rcwolpert

Reactions
Hello All! My amazing wife got me the Mavic Air 2 this week for my birthday. What a surprise! I haven't flown a drone since my destruction (in a tree) of an old Parrot drone back in 2012. Technology sure has changed! So, now I just finished the FAA recreational registration and I'm reading and viewing everything I can. Looking forward to my first flight!
Great to be part of this Forum!
Bob

Hello All! My amazing wife got me the Mavic Air 2 this week for my birthday. What a surprise! I haven't flown a drone since my destruction (in a tree) of an old Parrot drone back in 2012. Technology sure has changed! So, now I just finished the FAA recreational registration and I'm reading and viewing everything I can. Looking forward to my first flight!
Bob
Welcome Home! (From New Smyrna Beach)

READ THE MANUAL...TWICE.

Pretend sport mode doesn't exist. Set your RTH and APAS before flight!

Enjoy your new addiction!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find support and advise here. We look forward to your contribution and your view of the world.

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas!

The MA2 is a great machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in your part of Florida.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone". Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn how to find it. We have over 100,000 members world wide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Bob
Welcome back to the hobby Bob! You (your wife) picked an awesome drone. I have the Mini, the Mavic 2 Pro, the Phantom 3 Pro and the Air 2 and my Air 2 gets flown way more than the others!

Welcome Home! (From New Smyrna Beach)

READ THE MANUAL...TWICE.

Pretend sport mode doesn't exist. Set your RTH and APAS before flight!

Enjoy your new addiction!
Let me also welcome a fellow Floridian (Miami-Coral Gables). It's pretty hot and humid to fly here now but if you get out early or late, it's worth it.

Bob
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Happy Birthday and enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum from Tallahassee FL!!

Hello All! My amazing wife got me the Mavic Air 2 this week for my birthday. ......
Bob

Welcome (BACK) Bob!
Good advice from itsneedtokno above.
Drone technology has changed - but Tree destructology hasn't (as I learned too quickly when RTH engaged whilst I was fooling around under a big GumTree .....AND ......the only significant one in the paddock!).
The worst part, believe me - was trying to explain it to the now not so 'silent partner' in the drone acquisition.
Safe flying mate...from Down Under.

"THE TREE"
THE TREE 2.jpegCAMP SITE.jpeg

Welcome (BACK) Bob!
Good advice from itsneedtokno above.
Drone technology has changed - but Tree destructology hasn't (as I learned too quickly when RTH engaged whilst I was fooling around under a big GumTree .....AND ......the only significant one in the paddock!).
The worst part, believe me - was trying to explain it to the now not so 'silent partner' in the drone acquisition.
Safe flying mate...from Down Under.

"THE TREE"
View attachment 112645View attachment 112646
Good point! I’ll remember RTH and trees don’t mix well!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky