DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newly Retired and First Drone Is On The Way

WELCOME to the forum :)

You'll want to visit FAADroneZone and REGISTER your aircraft and properly "mark it".

Then go over to FAA TRUST Online Portal for Recreational Drone Operators - Pilot Institute and take the TRUST! Once you've completed it PRINT OUT (I also suggest making a PDF copy as well) so you have a copy to have in person if you're asked by authorities about it.

If you plan to do any type of flying that is not 100% Recreational you'll want to research, take, and pass the FAA Part 107 Exam (Remote Pilot In Command). This covers anything outside of Recreational normal UAS flying :)

Good luck and get ready for an AWESOME adventure :)

Allen

You'll want to visit FAADroneZone and REGISTER your aircraft and properly "mark it".

Then go over to FAA TRUST Online Portal for Recreational Drone Operators - Pilot Institute and take the TRUST! Once you've completed it PRINT OUT (I also suggest making a PDF copy as well) so you have a copy to have in person if you're asked by authorities about it.

If you plan to do any type of flying that is not 100% Recreational you'll want to research, take, and pass the FAA Part 107 Exam (Remote Pilot In Command). This covers anything outside of Recreational normal UAS flying :)

Allen
Thank you!

I think I am more jealous you are now retired. Congratulations!!! I am right behind you ;)

It is a lot of fun. My Dad started flying in his 70s and loves it in his 80s.

Yeah, I was going to do it last year, so I could say something good happened in 2020, but when I turned in my notice, I found I work part time and buy health insurance at the same rate as a full timer. So I put in another 8 months, until it was time to boogaloo... If you can do it, retirement is not overrated! I'm 61 now, so suspect we are around the same age.

ETA: I see you're 54...

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

welcome to the forum ,you have chosen a great way to enjoy your retirement,,have a good one

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

WELCOME jmdaniel You have reached the right place. BIGA107 has solid advice above regarding registration and education. You will learn so much from this Forum. Well managed and rules are enforced for everyone's use and pleasure. If you find you love the forum please consider becoming a Premium Pilot which supports the forum. Not mandatory and never, ever pushed but I believe in it.

I would like to add (and I am in no way connected to the company except by respect) that Pilot Institute is a great professional "manned aircraft" and "drone" training company. I have been a manned pilot for 37 years as a flight instructor for 34 years. I can honestly tell you that Greg is a pro and does not waste words. He covers the topic with amazing detail and in a clear, understandable approach. This link (click on the word link) is to Drone Courses - Pilot Institute It is a list of Pilot Institute courses. More specifically you need to take their DJI Air 2 Deep Dive course.....FREE....this course breaks the rule of you get what you pay for. You get waaayy more than the FREE. Direct link is DJI Air 2 Deep Dive Course You have nothing to lose and much to gain and learn about your new friend!

Greg has other free and paid courses that are well worth it. Taught by a Commercial manned aircraft pilot, Flight Instructor and knowledgeable drone instructor. Ok, unpaid advertisement complete. Let me know if you agree after you take the course.

Enjoy and fly safe!

Oh, and another thought after re-reading your post...If the neighbors are somewhat reasonable be an ambassador for the drone world. There many threads about the topic under the Search area. Educate them how it all works. Offer them a photo of their home if they would like. That will also show them that the photos are not showing into their bedroom!

Allen
I feel dumb. I have been flying for years and never knew about the TRUST certificate. I am happy to say that i took the course and past the tests. I will keep a copy of my certification on my phone and one in each drone case. Thank you BigAl07

WELCOME jmdaniel You have reached the right place. BIGA107 has solid advice above regarding registration and education. You will learn so much from this Forum. Well managed and rules are enforced for everyone's use and pleasure. If you find you love the forum please consider becoming a Premium Pilot which supports the forum. Not mandatory and never, ever pushed but I believe in it.

I would like to add (and I am in no way connected to the company except by respect) that Pilot Institute is a great professional "manned aircraft" and "drone" training company. I have been a manned pilot for 37 years as a flight instructor for 34 years. I can honestly tell you that Greg is a pro and does not waste words. He covers the topic with amazing detail and in a clear, understandable approach. This link (click on the word link) is to Drone Courses - Pilot Institute It is a list of Pilot Institute courses. More specifically you need to take their DJI Air 2 Deep Dive course.....FREE....this course breaks the rule of you get what you pay for. You get waaayy more than the FREE. Direct link is DJI Air 2 Deep Dive Course You have nothing to lose and much to gain and learn about your new friend!

Greg has other free and paid courses that are well worth it. Taught by a Commercial manned aircraft pilot, Flight Instructor and knowledgeable drone instructor. Ok, unpaid advertisement complete. Let me know if you agree after you take the course.

Enjoy and fly safe!
Wow! Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne