DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nexus 6 (2014) no more :(

Bob N

Reactions
So I started out with a Phantom 3 Advanced using an nVidia Shield K1 and that worked great. Bought the Mavic Pro and of course it wouldn't fit. So I used my Nexus 6 with 6.0 (maybe 6.1) and that worked great (aside from being a "small" screen. Well last Thursday my phone wanted to update to 7.0. Hurray! On Saturday I went out to fly. What a near disaster. I never lost RC connection but the phone continually would run hot and lose connection. I turned the phone to airplane mode (like I had always done) but nothing seemed to work.

Previously I ordered a kit to attached my K1 to the little RC for the Mavic. So I've grounded the Mavic until the adapter shows up in a few days. But I can still fly the P3A!

Anyway else have trouble with 7.0 (Android)?

One thing to try is a different cable plugged into the bottom port (if not done already) as I had the Lightning cable just completely die on me after it dropped the connection to the remote a few times and read a few that people experienced similar issues with the Micro-USB cables. It could simply be that the supplied cable is on its way out if that is what you are using. Remember to completely unplug the cable from the side port on the controller before powering up if you do try this.

Last edited:
not too sure if this helps, but I always turn on USB Debugging.. you'll probably need to get into Developer Mode.. to do that got to settings, about phone, then tap Build Version 7 times to activate developer mode.. then you should see it in your settings.

I have a Nexus 6 with Android 7, too but didn't use it for the Mavic as the screen brightness is quite low for use in sunlight. I also found that the Nexus runs quite hot if used in cardboard mode (I am using VR with Litchi). So I got a Sony Xperia XZ via my mobile contract and that works fine for me.

has anyone attempted to use this tablet holder with their nexus 6? many thanks.
AQGOODLIFE DJI Mavic Pro Spark Accessories Tablet Phone Mount Holder 360 Degree Rotating for Remote Controller

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli