DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Flying Brought 3 Cops to My Location now I'm Headed to the Police Station

If you have a homeowners insurance policy, it may already cover a civil claim against you for an accident arising from negligent RC hobby aircraft operation which injures a person or property. I believe you can also get some free liability insurance when you join AMA which covers operations conducted in accordance with FAA Guidelines.

My homeowners insurance doesn't offer specific drone coverage, but... they did tell me I am covered under the liability policy in the event my drone being flown from my yard causes someone damage or injury. Key words here being flown from my yard (property etc). So as long as I'm flying from home, combined with the other drone specific insurance that covers replacement, I'm covered both ways. The AMA likely would give you coverage wherever you are, provided you are flying within the FAA guidelines I think.

Great story, the Police in the UK I am afraid just want an easy life and if they see you flying they just make sure to bring you down for any reason they can think of just so they can keep peace with the majorities, that being all people beyond 50m of your flying camera that hate DRONES. I hope this changes as they become aware of the rules and regs that are in place.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel