DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Shoot Settings, Tips?

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Hi
I did a search but nothing came up strangely.
About the only adjustment i ever make to photography is the EV wheel.

I know the M1P camera has it's limitations, but what annoys me the most is night noise.
Im pretty sure its a limitation of the sensor. In order to be able to capture a picture of say; a Pan of The city at night, it has to
Up the settings to where you get colorful noise in the black areas, borders of the shot.
I think the alternative would be no image at all, but still..

Any basic tips i can do to improve the shot. Ive had some incredible footage at night that is
interesting, but not really fit to print because of the color fuzz.

Reactions: mereflyer
Hi
I did a search but nothing came up strangely.
About the only adjustment i ever make to photography is the EV wheel.

I know the M1P camera has it's limitations, but what annoys me the most is night noise.
Im pretty sure its a limitation of the sensor. In order to be able to capture a picture of say; a Pan of The city at night, it has to
Up the settings to where you get colorful noise in the black areas, borders of the shot.
I think the alternative would be no image at all, but still..

Any basic tips i can do to improve the shot. Ive had some incredible footage at night that is
interesting, but not really fit to print because of the color fuzz.

I get good night shots but you have to manually expose. Do like 400 iso and 1/25 shutter(in 24 FPS). Could even go longer for photos.

Wow, Nice Entry from the mountains into Super Flat Downtown.
Time Lapse I see, so was this was done with a Pro or M2 Pro?

I'm not too bad from First Sun onwards.
I notice with your vid (as nice as it is) that it has the same contrast fog (a lack of sharpness between sharply lit/unlit areas that i get in low light. Not as Bad though so I wil try those settings.

Would you agree a 2 am shoot of that same video would produce color band noise in the Dark spots?

Wow, Nice Entry from the mountains into Super Flat Downtown.
Time Lapse I see, so was this was done with a Pro or M2 Pro?

I'm not too bad from First Sun onwards.
I notice with your vid (as nice as it is) that it has the same contrast fog (a lack of sharpness between sharply lit/unlit areas that i get in low light. Not as Bad though so I wil try those settings.

Would you agree a 2 am shoot of that same video would produce color band noise in the Dark spots?

There is one scene with the moon that I admittedly messed up on and have since fixed but you can’t swap out a video on YouTube. Besides that what you are seeing might just be due to YouTube compression. Remember there really is fog and atmospheric haze down in a city like that. Salt Lake is particularly bad in the winter due to inversion. I took this at 9000 feet and this was pitch black on the ground.
If you are just taking pictures it’s a lot easier because noise is easy to remove in post. These are all from a Mavic Pro which really isn’t designed to shoot at 2am. It can but you have to either process it or adjust expectations.

An $800 is never gonna shoot the same quality as a $2000 camera.

Reactions: MavicFT1P
Sent you a PM with an example pic.
2am when the moon is the Whitest thing for contrast, im guessing limitations.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403