DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No GEO updates with GO 4 latest update

aespi

Reactions
I'm flying my MP with Go 4 (4.0.4) and S7 phone. No problems flying, but I'm no longer getting GEO notifications. Before the latest app update I always got GEO notifications of flying within a class B ATC. With the latest update these warnings are no longer there.

Once in a while ( but not always) , while shutting down I will get a notification for update but requires to connect to WiFi network. At the time I am not able to reach WiFi since Im operating in "airplane mode" to avoid potential disruptions from other sources. After complete app shut down, and re-establishing WiFi connection I can not get the app to re-issue the update notification.

Any suggestions on how to update the GEO database?? I've tried deleting the app and re-downloading/ installing again, but no luck.

4.0.4 is the latest app for android, so good there. The other updates will be firmware updates for the controller, Mavic, and battery. Is it possible the message to update is a battery firmware update, and you get the message using battery1 in the field, and you have an up to date battery2 in when powering up with WiFi? Would explain why you don't get the message all the time. Don't think I've ever seen an update notice while shutting down, always on power up for me, but I'm on iOS, so could be different? Make sure your phone has a wifi connection. Start Controller, Start Mavic (wait for connection) connect phone and Start Go 4, any updates needed should appear.

No there's a diffent update note pops up specifically about the geo database.
I asks togo online now or later but only seems to ask when in the field with no wifi available!
Starting at home with wifi I don't get the update prompt but that might be because the Mavic doesn't get GPS indoors.

Here's the notification that shows up.

b41b5e121c0fc354c13309fa11bfdcdb.jpg

After playing around with it, I was able to leave the notification on the screen and managed to turn off the airplane mode, turn on the internet, and let the notification "continue" accessing the internet. The Geo update is now in the form of an additional button that shows up when you tap the map screen on the lower left side ( ie trade the camera view for the map)
b0ee4c8119ca7b52f8b739b390ad21ec.jpg

Pressing the button gives you all of different GEO zones

e3c2b97b39a98097c3deeddf2eb74f54.jpg

Each zone now have several display/warning options including "ignoring" it
48e8099da9ea85b2499ec784af0f5c4c.jpg

Sorry, but I forgot to mention that I PhotoShop the figures to avoid showing actual locations.
One more thing, in order for the initial update notification to show up, I had to wait and connect the phone/Go4 app AFTER I had the controller and MP already up and talking to each other. If the phone/app was already connected to the controller when the sequence was started the notification would not show and GEO button and data would not be there.
This was always the result no matter if I started with the "airplane mode" turned off or on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127