DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No GPS

Thumper

Reactions
So today I wanted to fly my Mavic. Went outside and turned on the remote, than the app and finally the drone.

The app says the Mavic is disconnected no GPS. I've redid the process 5 times no luck. This is my second time wanting to fly it and nada.

The first time I went to the park and even outside in the very same spot I'm at and nothing.

Can someone help please.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So today I wanted to fly my Mavic. Went outside and turned on the remote, than the app and finally the drone.

The app says the Mavic is disconnected no GPS. I've redid the process 5 times no luck. This is my second time wanting to fly it and nada.

The first time I went to the park and even outside in the very same spot I'm at and nothing.

Can someone help please.

I had this today as well, although it happened to me whilst swapping from my 1st to 2nd battery, I did not turn off the controller during the battery swap so I think the app does not like it when it disconnects from the MP.

To resolve it I turned the RC off and closed the app on my phone, then tried again and all was well.

This maybe different in your case though as the RC should still have GPS, I can't remember if mine did or did not at the fail point..

I never turn off the RC between batteries and have yet to see an issue, don't restart the app either, never did on my Phantom so never got in the habit.

Reactions: kidroc
Guys I never switched batteries. I took the drone out of my bag since I haven't flow it since last week. I put the battery in the drone while everything is powered off.

Than I did the following. RC on, than opened the app followed by turning on the drone.

The app says disconnected on the bottom left and enter device on the right where it shows the picture of the mavic.

Try a different RC cable. And, make sure the cable on the left side of the remote controller is disconnected if you're using the bottom USB port.

Wait so your saying the issue could be the cable from the RC to the iPhone? It's weird but today I happened again.

I went to a park and same ****. I was livid thinking the drone is damaged. I shut everything down and took the battery out of the drone. Waited a sec put the battery back.

Turned on RC. Than drone and then app. Everything worked. This makes no sense. Is this something normal?

On mine i had no signal and the camera screen was just black but the mavic was ready to fly i restarted it twice then pushed the lead and it all came on so could be the lead or one end is not right in like mine

When you mean lead you are referring to the lighting cable on the RC to the phone or the battery on the drone?

The lead between the remote and the phone try taking them both out and pushing them back in and see if it connects

If that dosent work you could try a new lead all it was with mine was the lead into the phone wasent all the way in when i pushed it harder it all connected straight away and i had no more problems. hope you get it working ok

The sequence should be
Remote - Mavic - App.

The Mavic and the remote should be connected before you start the app.

Hi! I turned in my drone today to find out that it didn’t have GPS. And my drone hasn’t crashed or anything. Then, when I fly the drone it had a 15ft maximum altitude (which I didn’t set in the settings). To get rid of that restriction, I put the drone on Sport mode and it got rid of the restriction. It didn’t help with the GPS problem though

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro