DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No video stream to iPhone from camera.

aivnaov3

Reactions
Gents,
My Mavic is brand new, just used it maybe for 20 minutes in total.
Issue is: black screen in DJI GO 4 app. All works fine: gimble moves and successfully calibrates.
Shatter noise is produced when trying to take a picture, but nothing will be recorded to SD card.
Played around with cables an RC, downgraded to 550.
I was assuming hardwear link failed between camera and main board, but when I try to calibrate camera using DJI Assistant, it will actually calibrate and show picture from camera during calibration, so I have hope that this is a software issue.

Any ideas what can I try more?
Regards,
Anton

Gents,
I was assuming hardwear link failed between camera and main board, but when I try to calibrate camera using DJI Assistant, it will actually calibrate and show picture from camera during calibration, so I have hope that this is a software issue.
Just realised that footage was from obstacle avoidance cameras:(((

Are you using a USB lead to the phone, if so have you unplugged the small lead from the controller. For some reason you can't have the small lead plugged in at the top when the USB port on the bottom is being used.

Just realised that footage was from obstacle avoidance cameras:(((

No, there is no footage from obstacle avoidance cameras. As said above, check that you only have one cable plugged into the controller, and try more than one cable.

Are you using a USB lead to the phone, if so have you unplugged the small lead from the controller. For some reason you can't have the small lead plugged in at the top when the USB port on the bottom is being used.
Tried 3 cables - no luck. Phone connecting without any problem, all controls on screen works, but still no picture.

No, there is no footage from obstacle avoidance cameras. As said above, check that you only have one cable plugged into the controller, and try more than one cable.
If you do calibration from DJI Assistant 2, there will be two live screens in bottom left showing picture from obstacles avoidance cameras.
As I mentioned above tried 3 cables with side cable unplugged...

Try scrolling the top right wheel on the controller clockwise. It maybe that the picture ISO is turned right down giving you a black screen.

If you have tried all the above solutions, it might be a gimbal connector is intermittent or a software issue.
Thank you! Three questions I have..

1)Does video signal transmitted through the same flat cable that power up gimbal motors?

2)In case mechanicaly gimbal works fine and calibrates can it be still connector issue?

3) If it is software issue, what should be proper refashing sequens to try to repair it?

Regards,
Anton

1)Does video signal transmitted through the same flat cable that power up gimbal motors?

Video is transmitted though the silver stranded cable, the black ribbon controls motor movement.

2)In case mechanicaly gimbal works fine and calibrates can it be still connector issue?

Yes it can be a connector issue

3) If it is software issue, what should be proper refashing sequens to try to repair it?

You can try try formatting the SD card.

Its a pain in the neck to do, but you can try uninstalling DJI Go4, reinstalling it. Update aircraft firmware to .600

Did you try flying it with a different device?

Yes it can be a connector issue
Can I access and fix it with moderate repair skills? Is it under top cover? Can you point me to some repair manual or video?

You can try try formatting the SD card.
Its a pain in the neck to do, but you can try uninstalling DJI Go4, reinstalling it. Update aircraft firmware to .600
Done that, no improvement.
Did you try flying it with a different device?
Yes I have tried to connect test iPad at small local DJI repair shop, same result.
I have also connected via wifi, same s..t...

Looks like my new toy got hardware issue. And no warranty in Russia, and no spare part...

Can I access and fix it with moderate repair skills? Is it under top cover? Can you point me to some repair manual or video?

Done that, no improvement.

Yes I have tried to connect test iPad at small local DJI repair shop, same result.
I have also connected via wifi, same s..t...

Looks like my new toy got hardware issue. And no warranty in Russia, and no spare part...

EBay there are parts available now everything you need

Just in case anybody will have same issue: I've ended up with sending my 1 week old Mavic to European DJI branch in Germany, (which is pain in the ... by itself if you are in Russia: 4-6 days "express" delivery cost 40$ and took 11 days in reality). Now it under repair repair free of charge, means it was not software or firmware issue:(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan