DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob Problem - Shadowy Flickering Footage

If your not running filters it can simple be a classic strobe like effect because the shutter speed is so high. This is normal and the reason everyone talks about the best ND filters to use. The filters force the shutter speed to slowdown for a given ISO setting, of which you really don't want to go much above 100 on this camera because of sensor noise. Filters are so popular to get that cinematic look that DJI has their own on the market now; mine are on there way to me now. I would try some filters before you call bad. I agree your video looks normal for a stock setup on my retina MacBook display. One other thing you may be seeing and I've seen it in my videos straight out of the Mavic is a weird pulsating effect on moving objects when viewed only on my MacBook Retina display. This came down to an aliasing / scaling of pixels from the original footage at 4K to fit within the non-exact 4K display. It created a twinkling in some instances and a pulsating brightness shift in large areas of grass. Drove me nuts till I figured out it was just the interpolation of pixel data gone crazy. Proved it by playing the same micro sd card from my Mavic on my Mac mini connected to my full hd tv and the issue vanished.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piggybank292003