DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob Problem - Shadowy Flickering Footage

Please share your footage, @razors
Not someone else's like the earlier video you linked to in this thread. I'd really like to make a comparison.

I guess everyone one else whom viewed my footage must have computer or hardware issues.
I'm trying to help you avoid hassle. It's clearly an issue with a decoder on the computer, or the flash player, or both. Computers, PCs especially, are notorious for not being able to play back videos smoothly with standard codecs. I've seen the stutters on my computer with YouTube's flash player and I've seen the footage with the OS's native video player without stutters. Suppose you are really suffering a simple decoder issue, it's solved by simply fixing the decoder, you wouldn't need to send the Mavic back. I'm not trying to be an ***. I'm just trying to help you.

Part of the issue with Mavic and or other DJi drones is flicker from codec. Issue Mine has is up and above this.

But nonetheless some people have also noticed a flicker in video from DJI drones like Phantom 3 and 4 and now Mavic.

See video below and how to fix in editing of needed.

How To Fix DJI Mavic Video Flicker - YouTube

Part of the issue with Mavic and or other DJi drones is flicker from codec. Issue Mine has is up and above this.

But nonetheless some people have also noticed a flicker in video from DJI drones like Phantom 3 and 4 and now Mavic.

I honestly don't see the flickering, maybe these videos are getting rendered differently with my Codec. I watched the part 5 times where you flashed the word now into the picture.

But where's your footage from your Mavic?

I already posted a vid of mine.

Video in snow

Pay attention to flicker on trees in yaw movement even when it's slow and you can see a stutter motion blur flashing effect on straight edges like trees

And the other vid I linked.

There is a scene where operator is doing a continuous pan using aileron going down a street.

Watch the Windows and or straight edges
The flashing\stuttering effect is very evident there .

Video in snow

Pay attention to flicker on trees in yaw movement even when it's slow and you can see a stutter motion blur flashing effect on straight edges like trees

There is a scene where operator is doing a continuous pan using aileron going down a street.

No see this is where there is a miscommunication. When you say stutter, I expected a frame freeze, not codec noise. When you say flicker, I expect what you're describing now. I kind of see it, but barely. I guess I don't have an eye for that. I am glad we're in the same page now.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I called it flashing stutter because that's what I have been reading about in various forums

I don't know if this even has a different name or proper term.

The stutter almost looks like its momentarily dragging the image.

I saw another video I think on this forum where guy with same issue was flying towards himself and at one point it looks like his head divides into two.

Bad sensor or shutter, not sure.

I don't know but it's fubared.

I have seen at least 6 videos this week and read various posts on here and in face book forums where people have the same issue although some are not as bad.

No see this is where there is a miscommunication. When you say stutter, I expected a frame freeze, not codec noise. When you say flicker, I expect what you're describing now. I kind of see it, but barely. I guess I don't have an eye for that. I am glad we're in the same page now.

@BD0G sells gimbal covers as sun shades. Those have no bearings on OA, and allow the sensor to see while blocking out sun glare, and prop shadows.

@BD0G... I'd be keen to buy from you. Does your gimbal cover mod cause any vignetting when turning quickly. I've seen that apparently this general type of sunshade does.

Video in snow

The only issue I see with your video is there seems to be a fuzzy almost jello-y look in a thin vertical band next to the tree trunks. Is this what you're describing as flicker?

The only issue I see with your video is there seems to be a fuzzy almost jello-y look in a thin vertical band next to the tree trunks. Is this what you're describing as flicker?
It's in for ground and in distance as well.
Look at trees when quad pans.

Yeah me too. Looks like compression artifacts.

In my vid it's a camera issue

Raw footage shows same

Not YouTube artifacts

In my vid it's a camera issue

Raw footage shows same

Not YouTube artifacts

After carefully watching your video I could discern some artifacts on tree's surface. I suspect this is the result of moire. But I may be wrong of course.

I have experienced same thing and I had camera and gimbal replaced under warranty. Well.. DJI replaced the entire drone to be honest.

Here is an example

I have experienced same thing and I had camera and gimbal replaced under warranty. Well.. DJI replaced the entire drone to be honest.

Here is an example

That is entirely different from the OP's problem. You clearly have a different issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
573Trader