DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a fan of the .800 FW for the goggles

Cyber wait a bit longer until some more confirmations come in.

Rob

@Cyberpower678 I concur seeing the same issue on my new Goggles (delivered today with factory firmware 603, not 600). After upgrading to 800 the max HDMI input size is smaller, which is equivalent to bringing the Video Size setting down by a knot.

You really have to look for it. If you look at a corner of the screen and enter/exit HDMI Input mode, you should find a difference, albeit a small one.

I guess one of the reasons they did that was because the corner of the screen was pretty hard to see and is a bit blurry. Regardless, I have downgraded to 700.

Reactions: CyberNate
@Cyberpower678 I concur seeing the same issue on my new Goggles (delivered today with factory firmware 603, not 600). After upgrading to 800 the max HDMI input size is smaller, which is equivalent to bringing the Video Size setting down by a knot.

You really have to look for it. If you look at a corner of the screen and enter/exit HDMI Input mode, you should find a difference, albeit a small one.

I guess one of the reasons they did that was because the corner of the screen was pretty hard to see and is a bit blurry. Regardless, I have downgraded to 700.
THANK YOU!!!! So I'm not an outlier here. I noticed it immediately. I was wondering if people weren't noticing it, or really not suffering from this issue.

THANK YOU!!!! So I'm not an outlier here. I noticed it immediately. I was wondering if people weren't noticing it, or really not suffering from this issue.

Good thing you waited for more replies;)
If not you would have been going through the same process again.

Rob

Do the .0800 FW allows for Imperial Units? My out of the box .0700 FW only has Metric units.....

Ok, glad I held off on my firmware update. Still at .700.

No objections to the FW for the Mavic, but my Goggles seem to be worse off on the new FW. I can fly perfectly with them but when I hook in an HDMI connection, the image is now shrunk by 75%, meaning it's not making full use of the screen and the 1080p video looks fuzzy due to scaling. Downgraded back to .700.
I have finally seen this too, when going for FPV sailing and trying the goggles. First I didn'T notice a smaller HDMI image but when looking to screenshots I have seen it.
Bars at both sides and top.

Attachments

• ScreenCapture_2.jpg
    ScreenCapture_2.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: Cyberpower678
I have finally seen this too, when going for FPV sailing and trying the goggles. First I didn'T notice a smaller HDMI image but when looking to screenshots I have seen it.
Bars at both sides and top.
This is exactly what is happening. So this is something DJI needs to fix in the .900 FW.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde