DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

(Not suas related) becoming a pilot

Miggy21

Reactions
This isn't suas related but after a while of having my drone and taking interest in the aeronautical field I have decided to get my actual pilot licence. I will start classes in two weeks. It's time to get a different perspective of the sky. Has anyone else gotten or have their pilot license?

I always wondered if we would see a rise in training after so many drones in the world... welcome aboard! U will find the view for drones best at 200 feet, but even a better view as a pilot in thousands of feet!…:)

The two goes perfectly together and will make you a better drone pilot.

Flying UAVs has definitely led to a new longing to head skywards myself, but I don't quite have the budget for pilot lessons.
So I'm working my way up to PPG instead :)

The local flight school near me said they have had a few take interest because of drones so I would definitely say its spiked a little interest. I will agree it's an expensive process. The guy at the school said if you have the money we have the time. But thankfully after footing the bill for my private pilot license my commercial pilot license will be 100% covered by grants. That's one bill I would never want

There are a few pilots here on the site.
I’ve been flying for about 20years now. Was an engineer in the RAAF for 20 years at that time and completed my flight training as part of my transiting to civilian life.
A transition that never really eventuated as my links with Defence are still strong to this day
:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev