DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Novelty has warn off quickly

for those that don't like the balance when folding the goggles up...try only lifting them up enough to see what it is you want to look at....you don't have to tilt them up all the way, they will hold almost any position. So if the issue is the balance when flipping them up to view the remote, just lift them up enough to see the remote....

Also, if you had problems with them sliding down when you have them up, try tightening the headband. I usually don't tighten mine enough initially either because I am afraid I will make it too tight and get a headache but then I always end up putting a few more clicks on it and then it holds without issue and doesn't wind up feeling too tight or giving me a headache.

Work on what? Making your eyes focus on a diopter setting that is too close to your eyes
Finding the right corrective lenses so that they can, yes... People have been using and/or modding cheap generic reading glasses.

The goggles give a chance for after market manufacturers:-

1. Different size face covers.
2. Cheap adaptor and lenses that clip in.
3. Moulded bag.

Or DJI need to step up and provide fully fitting lenses mod for all of us that bought the goggles. (That will never happen for free).

Last edited:
Initially I had concerns about the clarity of the image even when wearing my script glasses.
After a suggestion by someone else I bought a pair of 4x non script glasses and magic - its perfect for me - I'd never wear them without the goggles but it's certainly been a successful solution for me.

Reactions: J-Dub
Reactions: MavProJNG
My initial experience with the goggles was mixed by having to deal with finding reading glasses that would get the image in focus. It took a quick trip to the dollar store and I found 2.75 readers did the trick. Awfully strong! I read with 1.25s. Once I got the image in focus I could fly with them. First thing I didn't like was I couldn't change to imperial from metric. I hear the latest firmware may resolve it. The second thing was the intelligent flight modes are not the same as the DJI Go 4 app. Example... no waypoint flight mode. However, not a big deal.
I gotta say the head tracking it very cool. I really like it.
To this point... I'm encouraged and am enjoying the experience.

Reactions: LMTLESS and olicoz
I have come from a long list of goggles like the fat sharks etc. I am pleased with these and have no regrets but to each their own I guess.
Quality is good and yes they are heavy but I have had nothing but success with them in getting some shots I have been trying to get before I bought them. Plus no need for a lens hood lol.

Are they bulky yes they are, did they take away from the compact of the mavic, yes they did. But I am living with it just fine.

Which are your favorite?

*EDIT: nevermind... you said "im pleased with these" - i realize youre speaking of the fat sharks.

Last edited:
I like the goggles but the headband issue and the focus issue are really annoying. I dont even mess with using any of the built in features because once I start messing around with the side panel the goggles shift a bit and then I have to straighten them on my head and its just a back and forth.

To get the most fun and least frustration I just set them and lock the side touch panel. Use some reading glasses and try not to move my head around. When I am coming into land I take them off and land visually.

Rob

I like the goggles but the headband issue and the focus issue are really annoying. I dont even mess with using any of the built in features because once I start messing around with the side panel the goggles shift a bit and then I have to straighten them on my head and its just a back and forth.

To get the most fun and least frustration I just set them and lock the side touch panel. Use some reading glasses and try not to move my head around. When I am coming into land I take them off and land visually.
I just received the CrystalSky Monitor, 7.85" version and after flying with it today in the bright sun and using the bottom half of the Hoodman sun shield I already had for the Nvidia Shield tablet I was in 7th heaven. Finally I can see a monitor in the bright sun.
I'm an old dude and when it's bright outside I had a real problem and that's why I got the DJI Goggles but like others said (and I agree) they are heavy and the hard headband just doesn't work for my head. It seems to be made for "roundheads" not "flatheads." IOWs I can get my hand in both sides of the headband which means all the weight is on the front top and the back of my head. Plus, there is a little bit of claustrophobia when using them and they are hot in Florida's summer temperature.
I'v haven't decided whether to sell the goggles or keep them for friends and family to watch the flights with them. I wish DJI would stop coming out with new stuff or I'm gonna have to become un-retired and go get a job. ;)

I ordered a pair bit cheaper then retail in Australia for about 550 delivered (~430USD). I'm hoping I'll like them but my fear is the the novelty factor wearing off or the device not fitting my head properly.

I don't wear or require glasses so that aspect isn't an issue for me, but the bulk is a bit of a put-off from the beginning, it's not something you'd readily want to take out to the field, I guess if they don't work out I'll have to flog them off to ebay. I was hoping a retail store would have them on display but I've not been able to find them anywhere on sale let alone finding a display model.

The mavic has been a joy to fly and the spark whilst initially skeptical was surprisingly fun to fly around. The gimbal in sports mode gives the perception the drone is about to fall from the sky but thats just the lack of stability in the craft. So in that I'm hoping these goggles aren't a let down.

Last edited:
I don't expect the novelty to wear off. I am always on the hunt for the good cinematic shot, and sometimes the detail on my iPad Pro just isn't good enough on a very bright sunny day. The goggles completely solves that problem- I don't miss a thing on the goggles. Proximity flying is WAY better and easier as well.

Having flown Fatshark and Skyzone goggles for over four years- this is absolute heaven. It's like moving from urban blight to a uptown high rise.
Soooo true!! These blow my fatshark HD's outer der water!

I have the Moverio BT-300 and absolutely love them I was use to flying with either fatshark or avagant, but I figured I would purchase the BT-300 and give them a try. OMG completely blown away with video quality way better than fatsharks and avagant plus I can go in public and fly with them and still keep vlos of everything around me with the mavic pro and not look like a dork. I heard that Moverio is working with DJI to come up with their own app of DJI Go that you can use head tracking with the BT-300 that would be the icing on the cake.

Reactions: Sew
Why are goggle users on here AFRAID of the publics perception of how they look whilst wearing them? Me? I don't give a rats arse what anyone thinks!!.
I should rephrase that huh, what I meant to say is that they are so big and bulky tried them on at an expo in St. Louis and wan't impressed all that much merely cause of the weight and neck strain, the video quality is good just not as good as the BT-300 that uses Si-OLED, but you pay for what you get. With the goggles from DJI you need a 2nd person (spotter) to go with you when you fly in public places (which is a pain to find someone to tag along) cause you are completely immersed, while with the BT-300 you are aware of your surroundings at all time and you don't have to flip up to see where your drone is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan