DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NOW Postested #22 By DonTestme: Video of Mavic 3 Night Flying with 16,000 Lumens of flood lights: 4x LD70 Imalent lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Don Testme that looks amazing. You really took a good chance flying between the 2 gazebos at the pier. I believe 2 of this lights is more than sufficient specially mounted below the props but I will love to see the result with 4 of them.

Nice video and test !!!
Thanks.

I think the video looks interesting myself. We all don't film at night with lights just to annoy people. I like the results of night shoots, especially of things that look even more interesting during night with spot lights. It's just like shooting during the day. I just like the effect night shooting has on the subject matter.

Reactions: zeusfl
I can see the difference absolutely. I guess you are having the same problem I am having. The flood light is reflecting on the lens and looks like fog. I am wondering if creating a some kind of cover to prevent the light from going to the lens.

Also will be nice to have a 5000K tint on the LED - Maybe 4500K for a more neutral color. I know it is what it is.

I can see the difference absolutely. I guess you are having the same problem I am having. The flood light is reflecting on the lens and looks like fog. I am wondering if creating a some kind of cover to prevent the light from going to the lens.

Also will be nice to have a 5000K tint on the LED - Maybe 4500K for a more neutral color. I know it is what it is.
I think i'm just going to use 2 at a time now. I bought one of those plastic skid landing gear items that raise the drone a bit. The legs stick ou to the sides. I'm going to attach the lights on those legs and see if there is less light being reflected off the lens.

Like this glare shield sold on ebay for mavic 3

ALMOST CRASH in this 2ND video. I'm flying through a wooded area HIT A TREE BRANCH and ALMOST CRASH !! iTS AT :48 IN THE VIDEO. Again this is the mavic 3 with 4 lights on it. the LD70s. By this time they got hotter and reduced their output.

You’ll have everyone’s attention
I just posted another video of my near crash, post #27, flying through the woods with the lights on. It was a near catastrophy, but the drone-maintained flight. See the vids. Also see pics of my new 2 light rig. I'm going to stick with just two lights.

Reactions: NewAir2sMan
can you post a link of where to buy them?

I purchased one a while back because of this thread.

I'm a flashlight nut and this little thing is bright on its highest setting, but it gets hot and doesn't stay on very long due to the intensity.

I use it to walk the dog at night and 20 lumens is enough to pick up the "business" from him.

But a double tap will bring on full brightness and another tap will make it strobe. Very disorienting.

Here's the link...

Amazon.com

MY NEW LIGHT RIG, using the skids on a height increasing landing gear attachment. Im only going to use 2 lights from now on.

View attachment 160780View attachment 160781

This is rather cool. The picture reminded me how much I want to strangle some Project Manager at Imalent that approved the charging connector. I have an LD70, and that has got to be one of the stupidest, unreliable, idiotic designs I've ever seen on a quality flashlight.

Turns out high-power ridiculously bright and expensive flashlights is another hobby of mine. If you're not in to it, you won't understand, kinda like drones. People who don't get it will shake their heads at the money. My wife... $600 for a flashlight?!?!!?

Anyway, my flagship is the Acebeam X70, 60,000 lumens. At the time I got it, it was the reigning champ. Yes that's a separate detachable handle with a cooling fan. It does get hot. Imagine beaming that down from your Mavic 3 😁

Screenshot_20231122_074409_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrprop365
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member