DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now this is why I bought the MavicPro!!

aringhof

Reactions
I am a drone novice and the MavicPro is my first drone. I decided to buy the drone several weeks ago to use to take unique photos/videos during our family vacations. These photos and videos were my first attempt to use the drone outside of my neighborhood. We were in Iceland last week and I brought the MavicPro with us. I'm the kind of person that appreciates how easy an item is to use right out of the box. I only flew the drone manually, which explains the jumpy gimbal at times. I'll work on learning how to use Waypoint software eventually.... It was a wonderful addition to our vacation. Enjoy the videos/pictures:

cccf87e3feecfd458cceff920fb861b9.jpg

95b0ce6074f158a802ef143e9542f6a1.jpg
IMG_1695.JPGIMG_1708.JPGIMG_1709.JPGIMG_1713.JPGIMG_1714.JPGIMG_1764.JPG

Last edited:
i had a few curious birds who swooped near my drone mid flight. this happened in both locations, so it's a legit concern if you're flying near other birds. they get curious or may get aggressive

Reactions: FantasticMrF
What a beautiful beginning of many more awesome memories recorded by the Mavic! Thumbswayup

Reactions: aringhof
Nice, pleased you're enjoying your Mavic too.. :)

I was there 4 weeks ago and it had snowed hard a week or so before we arrived, it's amazing how different everywhere looks with snow..

View attachment 10899

We had snow last week too, but not a lot of accumulation. It hovered around 30F all day and night. But the strong winds and wet conditions made it feel much colder. We had nice sunny days too.

i had a few curious birds who swooped near my drone mid flight. this happened in both locations, so it's a legit concern if you're flying near other birds. they get curious or may get aggressive

Same here, the Fulmars seemed really interested in the Mavic and were present in abundance at most of the waterfalls we visited and at Reynisfjara, you can see one at the start of this video.

Same here, the Fulmars seemed really interested in the Mavic and were present in abundance at most of the waterfalls we visited and at Reynisfjara, you can see one at the start of this video.

Great video of Reynisfjara. We stayed two nights in Vík and never had time to visit Reynisfjara

Nice shots! Did you have the gimbal cover on while taking the photos? Some of look like they have a bit of a lens flare in them.

Nice shots! Did you have the gimbal cover on while taking the photos? Some of look like they have a bit of a lens flare in them.

No gimbal cover. I'm such an amateur, I wouldn't know lens flare if I saw it. Which pic?

Last edited:
I am a drone novice and the MavicPro is my first drone. I decided to buy the drone several weeks ago to use to take unique photos/videos during our family vacations. These photos and videos were my first attempt to use the drone outside of my neighborhood. We were in Iceland last week and I brought the MavicPro with us. I'm the kind of person that appreciates how easy an item is to use right out of the box. I only flew the drone manually, which explains the jumpy gimbal at times. I'll work on learning how to use Waypoint software eventually.... It was a wonderful addition to our vacation. Enjoy the videos/pictures:

cccf87e3feecfd458cceff920fb861b9.jpg

This photo is awesome ! [emoji1316]

You could also use Tripod mode, just be aware that the Mavic is going to move really slow.

Awesome, good job.

I have had "interested birds" a few times, nothing really threatening yet.
So far I have found that if I climb quickly (sometimes Sports Mode) they seem to lose interest and go away.

Spoken to a few other operators and this seem to be the go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78