DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K – unsafe to fly?

rusty

Reactions
Given the fairly consistent DJI Go 4 crashes while using the Nvidia Shield K tablet, I suggest that for safety reasons it is irresponsible to fly the Mavic-Nvidia-Go combination.

Has anyone experienced this software crashes and found a solid solution?

Jan 7 2017: Haven't had a single problem running Litchi!

Last edited:
I hope you're wrong, I bought one to use with my Headplays. Just the DJI app or also with Litchi?

Thanks F6Rider, the K1 is what I have. Only works with wifi rite now, so the maps are having trouble cache in. I just fly around the area where its not going out of sight.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Been using my nvidia k1 with the mavic and previously with my P3P , it's been rock solid with no issues with dji go 4 app and litchi app.

Just ordered one last night hope it's rock solid ! Been using my iPad Air 2 but didn't have the large hard drive to record screen view. Also hoped to try FPV goggles with the hdmi out spot.
Anybody have any success with the goggles using nividia hdmi out. Any video lag issues ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have issues with DJI go 4 and my Mavic: freeze and crash of the app after about 10 minutes use...

Reactions: LParfitt
Flew today all 3 batteries with no issues. Happy camper and love this bird. [emoji214]

I have one but haven't used it yet

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'd look to see what kind of background apps you have running. Close everything down, or better yet, uninstall noisy background apps. Then see if you have better luck.

I had a Samsung Tab A and it was always sucking up resources with background apps. There is a thread on phantom pilots about how to prep a droid tablet for use with DJI go.

Thanks F6Rider, the K1 is what I have. Only works with wifi rite now, so the maps are having trouble cache in. I just fly around the area where its not going out of sight.

Pre-cache the maps prior to flying. While on wi-fi connect to the bird and then bring up the full screen map, zoom out to encompass the entire area you will be flying in and allow for the maps to download. Shut down as normal and go fly, you will find the maps will show up for the area you downloaded.

Pre-cache the maps prior to flying. While on wi-fi connect to the bird and then bring up the full screen map, zoom out to encompass the entire area you will be flying in and allow for the maps to download. Shut down as normal and go fly, you will find the maps will show up for the area you downloaded.
You, my friend, are a good person. That explains it the way i needed it to. Kudos to you.... [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Perfect directions, thank you. I was in the same boat.

Reactions: rusty
Keep an eye on your orientation radar. My (second) K1 has GPS orientation issues. The little "N" on the radar spins round and round on the Flight screen.

Or you can use the hotspot on your phone (with data) to send the maps in real time to the Shield with wifi.

Keep an eye on your orientation radar. My (second) K1 has GPS orientation issues. The little "N" on the radar spins round and round on the Flight screen.

To be honest I'm not exactly confident with that radar on any device. I've looked at it with my iPad and noted that it was not accurate. I will agree that the iPad appears to be accurate most of the time and is more accurate than my shield but it isn't like I'm certain the iPad is correct either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried the shield k1 with and without internet and DJI-GO is stable to the point of not crashing with an internet connection. If nothing else it lets Dji GO start properly and suss your drone. You cant ignore NFZ zones on 4.06 without a connection :p
Anyone with money for both should have an Android smartphone that can Hotspot Wi-Fi.

I tried the shield k1 with and without internet and DJI-GO is stable to the point of not crashing with an internet connection. If nothing else it lets Dji GO start properly and suss your drone. You cant ignore NFZ zones on 4.06 without a connection :p
Anyone with money for both should have an Android smartphone that can Hotspot Wi-Fi.

This is a two year old topic you're dug up....

Reactions: Wille
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78