DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

That's the only problem I've seen with my Nvidia shield K1, the battery goes down pretty fast! Or at least mine does, I've paid ALOT to get the Nvidia shield k1 charger which is 2.5 amp charge but it doesn't charge fast like you'd think it would and when it is charged and I'm flying the battery goes down to needing to be charged with the booster pack I carry for it! Does any or everyone else have the same issue??? Or just mine?? Because I've been considering calling Nvidia to ask if this was normal or not,

Mine goes down fast also!

Same here. Drains very fast. But I still have plenty of battery left after having flown 3 Mavic batteries. So not really a problem for me.

I haven't had any issues with the battery going down fast at all however I took all the bloatware off of my Sheild. Just dedicated it for flying my bird only. ...

Reactions: chazzm
I haven't had any issues with the battery going down fast at all however I took all the bloatware off of my Sheild. Just dedicated it for flying my bird only. ...

Thanks for your precision! What bloatware would you point that would drain the battery out please?

Reactions: chazzm
Thanks for your precision! What bloatware would you point that would drain the battery out please?
To be honest with ya, even with the bloatware on my Sheild I never had a problem with battery drain. I just took it upon myself to remove the bloatware, wanted to make sure that it would certainly enhance the workmanship of the Sheild by elemenating some of the unecessary programs on it. I just went to YouTube and did some research on removing the stuff that was not need. ..hope that this helps.

Reactions: The Flying Geko
To be honest with ya, even with the bloatware on my Sheild I never had a problem with battery drain. I just took it upon myself to remove the bloatware, wanted to make sure that it would certainly enhance the workmanship of the Sheild by elemenating some of the unecessary programs on it. I just went to YouTube and did some research on removing the stuff that was not need. ..hope that this helps.

Ok, I was asking because I did, too, remove everything I could on mine (I only use it for the Mavic), but I still find the battery running out of juice pretty fast.
Thanks and happy new year! :)

Ok, I was asking because I did, too, remove everything I could on mine (I only use it for the Mavic), but I still find the battery running out of juice pretty fast.

They have a somewhat power hungry processor, (excellent video processing) and features like (HDMI out) that I don't see anywhere else at the price.

They have a somewhat power hungry processor, (excellent video processing) and features like (HDMI out) that I don't see anywhere else at the price.

Sure, but if you don't use them (letting the Shield on its own, sleeping unplugged from the charger) they shouldn't drain the battery whatsoever, right?

Sure, but if you don't use them (letting the Shield on its own, sleeping unplugged from the charger) they shouldn't drain the battery whatsoever, right?

No not anything excessive, I have 2 and both can sit for 30 days and loose no more than 20%.
Check the setting and power it off if not in use.

Mine drains fast, but I just connect it to a large USB charger so even though its in stand -by and draining battery it is always being topped up by the charger.

Lately mine lags so bad, and the battery drains so fast too.
Making me consider a Crystal Sky

I never got on with my K1 I only used it for a few flights and then sold it, I trust found it to big when using it with my S clips to hold it in place on the controller.

I did try a mavmount but whilst the mavmount is fantastically built I didn't like the tablet being in front of the controller so I eventually settled on a 5.5 crystalsky which I really like. ( although they are expensive for what they are ).

Wow! Sorry to hear that, don't have an answer for that one...Maybe a few of us got lucky and purchased a good one. I have no issues whatsoever with my Shield, I love it. Hope that you get your problem solved. Happy New Year to you and your family a s well.

Reactions: The Flying Geko
Got one with a black plate and blue ball head... can't recommend the MavMount highly enough! The thing is perfect.
Hi, as matter of interest, which output and cable are you using from your K1 to the Mavic RC. I'm having problems connecting.

I'm using one of the short charge cables that came with the Mavic pro combo package. No issues whatsoever with connecting the tablet to the bird or rc..note: with my setup I keep the tablet and rc charged up by using the power supply that powers my amps.....when flying......

I'm using one of the short charge cables that came with the Mavic pro combo package. No issues whatsoever with connecting the tablet to the bird or rc..note: with my setup I keep the tablet and rc charged up by using the power supply that powers my amps.....when flying......
Thanks for the reply Big Bird. Just to clarify, are you using the charging output from your K1 to connect to the RC or the mini HDMI?

Thanks BigMotor, sorry to have called you "BigBird" before. Your help is much appreciated, hopefully I'll be flying with the K1 soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44