DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 & Fatshark Dominator 3 - Has anyone ever had this working?

From what I have read (
) see comments. The HD2/3s seem to work with parts of the screen cut off. the HD1s dont work at all.
I have asked Nvidia to update the firmware on the shiled K1 to add the possibility to configure the HDMI port to 720p 60Hz. And they still have to get back to me. But the odds dont look to good as the product is at the end of life.
However if we all complain together then there is a better chance. So if you have an NVIDIA shield K1 please request 720p 60Hz support
Nvidia Support
or here
How to Send SHIELD Feedback or Device Diagnostics to NVIDIA | NVIDIA

If we all insist, then we might all get this feature which will enable all fatshark//shield users to benefit for FPV

I found a solution to finally make my Fatshark Dominator v3 goggles work with the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet. I found that the Fatsharks do not lend themselves to changing their resolution, so I went after the tablet to make them match. I have the 7.0 OS on the Shield, and downloaded a "resolution changer" simple app that allows changing of the tablet or smartphone resolution output of the device. There are many free apps online that do this. You can set the app to use whatever resolution you choose as default when it starts, or use the Shield high resolution setting as default and just change it whenever you wish manually. I set it at 800x600, turned off the goggle receiver switch on the bottom, and set the input to "hdmi 2D" with the brightness/contrast goggle button, and BINGO! A perfect picture. I have special focal inserts with my eyeglass prescription made at a firm in Germany in my Fatsharks, and this was a real necessity for me. There was no way I would pay another $500+ for the dji goggles for just my one dji drone and all my others I built Fatshark compatable.
Respectfully, Droneman71

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev