DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NYC central park

OP said "Can I fly drone at certain limits in central park or any area within the park? I can't seem to find any information for rules and regulations?"

I answered you cannot fly anywhere in NYC, obviously speaking of "Manhattan" as that was the OP's intended flight. It's ok if you were confused. I don't take offense.

lol.

NYC includes more than just Manhattan. That's common knowledge. Might want to re-check to see the text of the post I was actually responding to, which said "anywhere in NYC." Oops.

BTW: That's why I posted the link to an article showing places within NYC where flights are permitted ... at least at the time of that article.
While you are technically correct, colloquially @PM160Mavic is correct. Just about everyone in the NYC metropolitan area (btw, that includes parts of NJ, CT, and PA) refers to Manhattan as NYC or The City. The other 4 boroughs are always referred to by their name.

The Manhattanites are paying 2x-5x in rent compared to the outer boroughs. They've earned the right to the NYC moniker. I lived right outside the City for a few years.

Reactions: PM160Mavic
Seems like there isn't a clear answer about where you can or can't fly in the 5 boroughs legally.

Seems like there isn't a clear answer about where you can or can't fly in the 5 boroughs legally.

It is very clear.

Go to this City of New York page. They specially say if you see a drone flying in the "city" to call 911. They go on to say it's illegal to fly UAV in New York City.

Drones

It's unfortunate but it's the law they have in place.

Regardless if NYPD see a drone flying around, they have been known to deploy their terrorism task force if they feel a threat of any kind. I just don't think it's worth taking the risk and possible fines associated with being caught.

Reactions: Idontgive
Lmao this guy just said they will deploy terrorism squad. You honestly think that NYPD is that concerned with drone flying. All these rules are mainly established for a deterrent effect. That being said we should abide by it but I don’t see cops following a drone 5 miles to see where it lands. I’ve flown multiple times in places I shouldn’t fly with no problem. Be aware of your surrounding and keep your drone in sight.

Lmao this guy just said they will deploy terrorism squad. You honestly think that NYPD is that concerned with drone flying. All these rules are mainly established for a deterrent effect. That being said we should abide by it but I don’t see cops following a drone 5 miles to see where it lands. I’ve flown multiple times in places I shouldn’t fly with no problem. Be aware of your surrounding and keep your drone in sight.
While I see you are a new member, and I am too although I'm a retired military pilot and have been flying all varieties of R?C craft for years, yours is the attitude that is going to get all of us banned from more places if not totally. Please read up on the rules, join an organization like the AMA and get rid of your flippant attitude about flying where you're not supposed too. I think a lot of the rules stink but they are there for all of us not just those of us that choose to follow them.
As to NYC, they will follow a drone to find you. With terrorists in the Middle East now dropping hand grenades from drones on soldiers and civilians, the threat has gotten very real and they are VERY SERIOUS.

Reactions: alee
Flying a drone in NYC is asking for trouble. They are very motivated and they will find you. And esp. with all the airports and heliports and a big TFR around the POTUS personal residence, you are going to find yourself with in more trouble than you could ever imagine.

Honestly, if you're serious about aerial photography and want to come to NYC, leave the drone at home, spend $200-$300 and do a photo tour by helicopter. It will be the best 30 min you've ever had in the air, and shots you will treasure for the rest of your life. Your Mavic footage will be garbage compared to what you'll get from a helicopter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard