DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd screen overlay on smart controller

After the recent update, I have the same thing. I did notice that you can move it around on the screen and also click on it to make it a small icon. It is kind of handy when you're airborne and swap over to the camera screen making adjustments where the screen overlay blocks the instrument view. In addition to basic flight information, it also provides a shortcut to launch 'live streaming', providing you have that setup correctly. The last icon where it says 'GO' launches the streaming service. I also noticed if you back out from the flight screen to the DJI Go 4 home screen, that telemetry bar remains. I suspect if you lose the video feed in flight, you'll still have that basic display, providing you haven't lost the control signal, whereas before the update, and the new display info, you had no idea if the SC was still controlling the drone. I still haven't had a chance to see whether it can be turned off entirely, but will have a look soon.

Last edited:
I can confirm turning off Skytalk via the SC settings page turns off the new display bar with the live stream icon. I did fly quite a bit with it on and didn't see anything negative about it being there other than it does take up space.

Thanks for the information. I've installed my update but haven't been able to fly as yet. Looks like it could really be handy as several have said.

Great info...I just had same thing but it appeared many weeks after a SC update???
Will turn off Skytalk, Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki