DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd Sign

ThorDar

Reactions
This pic was posted in a Facebook drone group and no one can figure out what it means.

Anyone?

weird sign 2.jpg

Reactions: Droniac
The radio waves may be an indication that the area may be monitored by radar and if you try to flee, the eyes in the sky will get ya??

Reactions: jaswalt and Droniac
:oops:Dunno? ?bicycle riders beware of radio waves?
what country?

The country is Spain, and those signs are related to road sections where a large number of motorcycle fatalities have occurred - it indicates that speeds are being monitored by helicopters and sUAS equipment.

The country is Spain, and those signs are related to road sections where a large number of motorcycle fatalities have occurred - it indicates that speeds are being monitored by helicopters and sUAS equipment.
Thank you! This has been driving us crazy. :)

Reactions: Droniac
Well I’ve never been to Spain.
But I kind of like the music
Say the ladies are insane there...?‍♂️

They are going to have a rock concert, and get there anyway you want to. Fly in, ride your bike, they don't care, but don't miss it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Bicycles not welcome to fly in the surrounding airspace. ?

Unless fitted with ADS-B :p

I think the speed monitoring answer is it, we have helicopter monitored speed zones on Australian highways.
Have never heard of UAVs for this, you'd think our types of drones (like the phantom silhouette on the sign) would be too labour intensive and too short a flight time . . . or be able to keep up with a bike / car, too awkward to have some sort of radar fitted.
If using UAVs they'd likely be winged type, and like helis monitor time to travel over a set distance on the road.

That is an impressively specific piece of knowledge (and I mean this in the most complimentary ways)!

That is an impressively specific piece of knowledge (and I mean this in the most complimentary ways)!
As usual, the trick is knowing how to find information rather than simply knowing the answer.

Maybe someone stole the bike wheel and superman is off to nab them ?

Oh no, just saw the wheel is turned, and caught in the rail track ahead. Lol.
Someone has added the cape tape :)

I like the first suggestion!!

It’s next to an old rail track on Rottnest Island, Western Australia.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I live in the south of Spain but have never seen this sign. Perhaps it's in use around the capital Madid of further north!?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423