DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Well boyos, and maybe girlo's! I pushed it further today, first run was 16,000 came back swapped batteries and the second was 3k more! It pales in comparison to you guys, and I missed my actual target, but signal dropped completely and she initiated the dreaded RTH on me :-(

I am submitting this STOCK CLASS flight for consideration to be placed at the bottom :-D of the leader boards.
[Redacted]

Last edited:
Well boyos, and maybe girlo's! I pushed it further today, first run was 16,000 came back swapped batteries and the second was 3k more! It pales in comparison to you guys, and I missed my actual target, but signal dropped completely and she initiated the dreaded RTH on me :-(

I am submitting this STOCK CLASS flight for consideration to be placed at the bottom :-D of the leader boards.
Hey there Joebie, welcome.

Unfortunately, your Airdata link shows you came up 116 feet short of your takeoff home point :(

Reactions: Joebie
Hey there Joebie, welcome.

Unfortunately, your Airdata link shows you came up 116 feet short of your takeoff home point :(
We have to land within 100ft of our take-off or home-point to get put on the board, right? And this is even if you go beyond your take-off point (on the way back), let's say 200 feet?

****. So all I had to do was land at my take off instead of flying back to my final landing spot. LOL! Funny story is I took off closer to the lake because I always end up taking off further away and then walking down and I wanted it to be most accurate. :D I literally didn't even think about the return home being longer as I never pay attention to that part . DOHHHH!

fml next time :oops:

****. So all I had to do was land at my take off instead of flying back to my final landing spot. LOL! Funny story is I took off closer to the lake because I always end up taking off further away and then walking down and I wanted it to be most accurate. :D I literally didn't even think about the return home being longer as I never pay attention to that part . DOHHHH!

fml next time :oops:
Joebie, at least you didn't learn this after doing a 6.5 mile flight!:Do_OThumbswayup

I always just assumed that the Mavic 2 Pro version (camera) would be heavier, which is one of the reasons I ordered the Zoom (the lighter version). It just hit me that the Zoom might be heavier because of the optical zoom feature installed in the camera. I just ordered my Pro Camera to switch out back and forth with my Zoom. Does anyone actually know which camera is actually heavier?

Reactions: Unknown Caller
I always just assumed that the Mavic 2 Pro version (camera) would be heavier, which is one of the reasons I ordered the Zoom (the lighter version). It just hit me that the Zoom might be heavier because of the optical zoom feature installed in the camera. I just ordered my Pro Camera to switch out back and forth with my Zoom. Does anyone actually know which camera is actually heavier?
I didn't write it down, but I weighed both cameras and they were within a couple grams and nearly identical.

Reactions: mlash
New stock record 37,457 ft and back with Mavic 2. Max out the battery on this one. Hit 1% at 5k 0% at 4400! By the time I made it over land I couldn't overide autoland!!! Crazy flight!!!

**** man, anther great flight! I hopped on cruise ship out of your area yesterday headed to Cuba.

IMG_9671.JPG

The zoom should have less aero drag in flight as well as being 2 grams lighter. That can translate into a few hundred ft extra.

Reactions: mlash
That's awesome man! I hope you have a good time! I actually work in the port. I bring fuel to the cruise ships all the time by barge. Anyway thanks brother and enjoy your trip to Cuba!
LOL You guys met and you didn't even know it. Kind of funny how the world is so small. I vacation down in Sanibel every year.

Reactions: Unknown Caller
LOL You guys met and you didn't even know it. Kind of funny how the world is so small. I vacation down in Sanibel every year.
So do I!!! Love it down there!!! Well technically Captiva , but they are connected. I've actually done a lot of long-distance flying right off the beach on Captiva! It's actually where I started to really get into it back in 2014 with the P2V! Tween Waters Inn usually my staging point when I go down there. How bout you? Small World!!!

So do I!!! Love it down there!!! Well technically Captiva , but they are connected. I've actually done a lot of long-distance flying right off the beach on Captiva! It's actually where I started to really get into it back in 2014 with the P2V! Tween Waters Inn usually my staging point when I go down there. How bout you? Small World!!!
Holy crap! That's fricken awesome! We stay on Sanibel off Middle Gulf drive. But I know exactly where Tween Waters is, they have the crab races!! lol We were down there just before the red tide came through this year, we got really lucky.

I bet with the distances you've been getting you could hit Cayo Costa from the tip of Captiva, that would be crazy.

I just picked up mine in September so I didn't have it unfortunately. And I think next year is actually going to be Kauai.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre