DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Well... Siri must be a bad mathematician. :) Some people on here have some serious billiards.
On thing to note. There are 2 measurements on your snapshots from the Go app. (Flight Distance) and (Distance).
Flight distance is the total distance the aircraft has traveled while in flight.
Distance is the actual max distance from home point.
I use Google converter to give me the feet to meters conversion.
Very simple and accurate.:cool:

Reactions: Drone1aerial
Well, us poor Eurpoeans are signally disadvantaged thanks to the CE signal restrictions.... yet managed this today... Into the wind and returning with the wind... 1800 metres out... which surprised me immensely...

What a beautiful countryside, wow !!!

Reactions: Ian in London
@cwil193 When is this Oklahoma wind going to die down?!?!

Here's a video of a guy doing 5812 meters

He was not able to return to the home point though but it speaks a lot about the enhanced wifi transmission since the guy is flying it without any mods.

The guy also mentions in one of his comments that it could have gone further just that he needed a safe place to land so that he can recover it, which he did.

Last edited:
But he made it not back home.
The wireless connection is not the problem, it's the battery capacity ...

He was not able to return to the home point though but it speaks a lot about the enhanced wifi transmission since the guy is flying it without any mods.

The guy also mentions in one of his comments that it could have gone further just that he needed a safe place to land so that he can recover it, which he did.
5588 meters has been done and he made it home

Your snapshot contains insufficient data. Please note the requirements on post # 1. I have already sent you a PM regarding this.
Thanks.;)
No probs

Attachments

• 4C73D4F3-C7EB-4BE1-AFEA-60C8EB09DF73.png
    4C73D4F3-C7EB-4BE1-AFEA-60C8EB09DF73.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 24C1BD73-8406-4E68-9DDD-3F663FF538B6.png
    24C1BD73-8406-4E68-9DDD-3F663FF538B6.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • 22996A33-A070-4582-B8F9-6B4D198BA33C.png
    22996A33-A070-4582-B8F9-6B4D198BA33C.png
    1 MB · Views: 30
Having received and installed the 4Hawks XR antennas, i did a few flights in the afternoon after the wind conditions looked promising.
Battery #2 already brought me to 5021m. Made it back home with 7% juice left.

The 4Hawks performed flawless, no video glitch or lagging at every distance in the 2.4 GHz band.

Switching division - Modified :)
Here the flight: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
MA4HawksXR5021m.jpg

@Drone Master

Reactions: Mike4884 and JB999
Having received and installed the 4Hawks XR antennas, i did a few flights in the afternoon after the wind conditions looked promising.
Battery #2 already brought me to 5021m. Made it back home with 7% juice left.

The 4Hawks performed flawless, no video glitch or lagging at every distance in the 2.4 GHz band.

Switching division - Modified :)
Here the flight: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
View attachment 33149

@Drone Master

Great flight mate!!
Welcome to the other side of the 5k mark, i've been waiting for some company[emoji1][emoji1]
Cheers!!

Reactions: Keule
i've been waiting for some company
Yep - but now the next barrier is waiting - 6 km ..
I hope my battery mods will be finished within the next weeks!

- Fly safe -
Cu l8er!

Yep - but now the next barrier is waiting - 6 km ..
I hope my battery mods will be finished within the next weeks!

- Fly safe -
Cu l8er!

Agree, Battery mod is what we need to get to 6k and back.
I have been considering a one way flights just to see how much range it is possible to get, just need to find a good location for this, then i will have a go.
Will not be surprised if up to 12-13 k is possible with a good tailwind, it has been made with the Spark, so why not with the Air...

I have been considering a one way flights
Interesting idea - the main problem, at least for me, is to find an appropiate location.

Agree, Battery mod is what we need to get to 6k and back.
I have been considering a one way flights just to see how much range it is possible to get, just need to find a good location for this, then i will have a go.
Will not be surprised if up to 12-13 k is possible with a good tailwind, it has been made with the Spark, so why not with the Air...
If you attempt this, keep me updated. I will add it as a one way max range category for the list just below the modded max range board.:D

Jealous...no good spots here in the philly /bucks area :( i really need to find a good spot so i can test the real range of this beast....going urban all the time i dont like to do to often and a little dangerous... I suppose I will eventually find a good spot. Maybe a big 3 or 4 mile park? One can dream lol....cant be state tho. They will fine the heck out of you out of over here

If you attempt this, keep me updated. I will add it as a one way max range category for the list just below the modded max range board.:D
Yea that would be cool... maybe just plan the flight so you can have someone on the other side and just keep checking your map as you go so u can keep on track and get it to the spotter...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18