DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline map download is STILL available in V4.1.18 update

Anthony

Reactions
I am not sure if this has been reported here as I couldn't find it ...

If you have updated to the V4.1.18 GO4 and had not downloaded maps then you can still do this ... while not plugged into the RC just keep starting GO4 and click on the three bars in the top right of the screen. Repeat this until the option appears.

So as follows START GO4 CHECK DROP DOWN MENU ( not there ) close GO4 and restart and repeat until offline maps appers in the drop down and then download your required offline map.

Anthony
That is good news! The Go 4 Offline maps option is one of the reasons that I am still on V4.1.14 and have not updated.
Are you also running the latest FW V02.04.06.00 on your CrystaSky?

Cheers

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Anthony
That is good news! The Go 4 Offline maps option is one of the reasons that I am still on V4.1.14 and have not updated.
Are you also running the latest FW V02.04.06.00 on your CrystaSky?

Cheers
Yes I am ... and as long as you have already downloaded your offline maps before you update they are still there once you do update.

After the update I launched go4 then shut it down and on the second launch my cashed map was on screen and has work for all 20 flights since the update.

I am sure that the fact the offline map list comes up after a number of restarts is a bug for once it's a welcome bug :)

Last edited:
Great, I have been holding at FW V02.04.02 on my CrystalSky and that keeps my Go 4 app stranded at version 4.1.14. I would like to add the new features the updated Go 4 app adds, but haven’t confirmed with anyone who actually has a CS and has updated to the latest firmware. Looks like you have updated to the latest FW and have many flights without other issues, so all seems good!
Do you have the 5.5 or the 7.8 CS?

Thanks again

Great, I have been holding at FW V02.04.02 on my CrystalSky and that keeps my Go 4 app stranded at version 4.1.14. I would like to add the new features the updated Go 4 app adds, but haven’t confirmed with anyone who actually has a CS and has updated to the latest firmware. Looks like you have updated to the latest FW and have many flights without other issues, so all seems good!
Do you have the 5.5 or the 7.8 CS?

Thanks again
I have the 5.5 and really like it. I really do prefer this to using my mobile even though my S6 & S7 both worked fine.

Ahh gotcha! Sorry, was jus'tryin'ta help!

That's fine Simmo thanks for the heads up.....

It's just we get a bit excited when we see notice of an update as the CS release is ALL WAY'S the last version to come out :( so we do feel a bit left out :)

I am not sure if this has been reported here as I couldn't find it ...

If you have updated to the V4.1.18 GO4 and had not downloaded maps then you can still do this ... while not plugged into the RC just keep starting GO4 and click on the three bars in the top right of the screen. Repeat this until the option appears.

So as follows START GO4 CHECK DROP DOWN MENU ( not there ) close GO4 and restart and repeat until offline maps appers in the drop down and then download your required offline map.

Thanks for the tip! I have a new CS and was wondering how to download the maps. Noob question: once I have the offline maps I need, how do I go about accessing them? Do they just populate when I am ready to fly? Thanks again.

Thanks for the tip! I have a new CS and was wondering how to download the maps. Noob question: once I have the offline maps I need, how do I go about accessing them? Do they just populate when I am ready to fly? Thanks again.

Yes they just populate when you start using the CS.

I can only get Chinese maps offline how do i get a UK option
Have you turned off in settings the Chinese map options ?
See photo attached

Attachments

• 34067ADC-C6EE-4938-A3CB-826A211213DE.jpeg
    34067ADC-C6EE-4938-A3CB-826A211213DE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member