DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oh my Gosh it's so fun to fly the mavic in sportmode!!!

gixxerbill

Reactions
I have gone 360 about 2000 ft from my house and had fun doing it so I thought I would switch to the sport mode. OMG is it fun. I put the altitude about 100ft to make sure it's above all trees including some ridiculously talk palms. Then I fly away about 100 to 200 ft and use the rotate toggle to turn it back towards me. It banks so cool looking and then flies by me hauling *** and then when it gets a 150 so feet away a rotate the toggle again to make it come back.

I have done this with a domida and husban 501s and they were not near as fun because of the speed of the mavic. Can't wait to go to a park or somewhere flatter so i can fly like this at a lower altitude. Makes me want to try a rc trainer plane too like the Eflight Apprentice although they are probably alot harder to land.

Anyway if you haven't tried sport mode give it a shot...it's a blast.

I totally agree, the MAVIC Pro is a BLAST to fly. It flies backwards and sideways just as easy as going forwards and YES Sport mode is REALLY EPIC to fly in.

Here is a video I shot a couple of days ago near my house in southern California. Check it out and comment if you like the video clip.

Thanks,

nice place to fly. Was some of that music from Prodigy? The fast flyby was the best.

SPORT

I fly almost exclusively in Sport mode. It always seems to be a little breezy. I check its functionality also, because I don't want to be caught off guard if there is unexpected wind. It's awesome in the dusk as the 2 red lights go streaking past on the beach. I regularly get mid 50 mph and have hit 62 mph a couple of times.
The guy at Brooklyn Drones was kind of suprised when I told him I fly in Sport mode a lot. I have been used to unguided quads. This thing's like a Cadillac!

Lousy day out. Can't wait to get back out there...

vsk

Reactions: CanyonRunVideos
nice place to fly. Was some of that music from Prodigy? The fast flyby was the best.

Thanks for the comment.

The music is free non-royalty music from soundtraxx.com.

Yeah, fast flyby's are really fun when the MAVIC buzzes past you, but don't try that yourself unless you are a REALLY expert pilot!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

SPORT

I fly almost exclusively in Sport mode. It always seems to be a little breezy. I check its functionality also, because I don't want to be caught off guard if there is unexpected wind. It's awesome in the dusk as the 2 red lights go streaking past on the beach. I regularly get mid 50 mph and have hit 62 mph a couple of times.
The guy at Brooklyn Drones was kind of suprised when I told him I fly in Sport mode a lot. I have been used to unguided quads. This thing's like a Cadillac!

vsk

Hey vsk, thanks for the comment. Sport mode totally ROCKS!!! The MAVIC PRO flies more like a Ferrari but I do agree that the MAVIC will get going quite fast with a tail wind....

Kent
998d240b7d8d50438c6eda7d5c03c33c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: sportfisher23
SPORT

vsk

Not trying to make you mad but I seriously doubt you had your Mavic up to an actual 62mph. Just in case you or anyone else reading this does not know, if you use a android device and are going by the display shown in the app, that MPH reading is wrong as it is actually "fps" or "feet per second". If you want to see your TRUE MPH speed.....go by the MPH reading from the Remote Controller display in the upper left corner.

Reactions: sportfisher23
Come on! You broke my bubble ova heeya ! Hahaha! OK, I'll have to compare numbers between the Samsung 5 and the controller itself. I gotta keep my reading glasses handy now!

Just futzing around 60 fps gives about 40.9 mph. OOpsie !!

vsk

Come on! You broke my bubble ova heeya ! Hahaha! OK, I'll have to compare numbers between the Samsung 5 and the controller itself. I gotta keep my reading glasses handy now!

Just futzing around 60 fps gives about 40.9 mph. OOpsie !!

vsk

Yeah it's a shame dji can't fix something so simple.

In Sport Mode, does the Mavic still maintain stability and hands off hovering? I remember that with my DJI F450 Flamewheel with NAZA/GPS, if you put it Manual Mode, you had no computer assisted flying at all and you had better be really good at controlling the thing.

In Sport Mode, does the Mavic still maintain stability and hands off hovering? I remember that with my DJI F450 Flamewheel with NAZA/GPS, if you put it Manual Mode, you had no computer assisted flying at all and you had better be really good at controlling the thing.

There is noway to simulate a manual mode with the Mavic Pro. So the answer is, Yes.

I have gone 360 about 2000 ft from my house and had fun doing it so I thought I would switch to the sport mode. OMG is it fun. I put the altitude about 100ft to make sure it's above all trees including some ridiculously talk palms. Then I fly away about 100 to 200 ft and use the rotate toggle to turn it back towards me. It banks so cool looking and then flies by me hauling *** and then when it gets a 150 so feet away a rotate the toggle again to make it come back.

I have done this with a domida and husban 501s and they were not near as fun because of the speed of the mavic. Can't wait to go to a park or somewhere flatter so i can fly like this at a lower altitude. Makes me want to try a rc trainer plane too like the Eflight Apprentice although they are probably alot harder to land.

Anyway if you haven't tried sport mode give it a shot...it's a blast.

If you wanna see something even more awe-inspiring, when it's about to fly you at full sport speed, press the pause button just as it's in front of you. This thing stops on an effing dime... And to watch it do it elicits an "WOW!" from anyone watching.

got to try that! I love flying in Sport mode right over my head at full speed, I must think I'm an expert, even though this is my first drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan