DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OK DJI - You Owe Us!!!

Snow Bird 1

Reactions
DJI - if you want to do business in this neck of the woods, you had better learn the rules of Sales and Marketing in the USA!!!!

For Example;

DON"T lie to your customers - EVER!!!
Don't even try and deceive them with lots of small BS news releases!!
If you APOLOGIZE - MEAN IT!!
DO SOMETHING your Customers (?) can believe in and give REAL time frames to us re: fixing it!
Give REAL UPDATES - OFTEN!!!!
UPDATE your Customer BASE! For better or worse, they will know and trust your otherwise evasive BS!!!!
If your CUSTOMERS (the ones YOU want to buy off you again!!!) don't feel valued - your name will become lower than the shoe on a horse!!!
Your Distributors are now lying on your behalf - NOT GOOD for them either!!

It has BEEN almost A MONTH since your last "UPDATE" - How about some real (MEANINGFUL (read truth)) news.

Over....................

Reactions: Moonbeam and EasyV
Unfortunately, the law of "Supply and Demand" is operating in full force. There is a marketing tactic that creates a false shortage of a popular product to increase either price or demand. There is a demand isn't there and have you checked the prices being charged by some of the Mavic scalpers?

c5cb3819df8565b88ebf3c4193a24b4f.jpg

^^^ Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Consumers have one voice...their wallets. And in the case of DJI no one speaks with their wallet. Perfect example is what's going on right now. So DJI has this entire disastrous Mavic Pro release which angers thousands of people and makes national news. Then DJI announces two new products, RIGHT IN THE MIDST OF THE MAVIC CHAOS...and people still line up to place pre-orders.

So how would DJI learn a lesson or change their behavior through all of this? They won't, because they know they own the market right now. If GoPro didn't totally botch the Karma, then maybe DJI would have some competition to worry about and would focus more on the customer, but they don't, so don't hold your breath...this will be normal operating mode for DJI going forward.

Reactions: Watty
DJI - if you want to do business in this neck of the woods, you had better learn the rules of Sales and Marketing in the USA!!!!

For Example;

DO SOMETHING your Customers (?) can believe in and give REAL time frames to us re: fixing it!
UPDATE your Customer BASE! For better or worse, they will know and trust your otherwise evasive BS!!!!
If your CUSTOMERS (the ones YOU want to buy off you again!!!) don't feel valued - your name will become lower than the shoe on a horse!!!

It has BEEN almost A MONTH since your last "UPDATE" - How about some real (MEANINGFUL (read truth)) news.

Over....................
Learn how Chinese business culture works.
They are unable to admit, defeat, mistakes or failure
You are wasting your breath - and your blood pressure.
This is enshrined in thousands of years of culture......

Last edited:
Take note DJI - even you NEXT CUSTOMERS are looking at you askance!! Now, it THEY don't trust you or question your " honesty/directness" - REALLY.

Just LOOK at that glare!!!!

DJI - you were warned!!!!!

Dear "The Editor".

Been there (China) - Done that - business with, by and for them!! This is way beyond the normal arrogance you expect. Maybe they have a position to take right now with Mavic, but they won't own the market for long with actions like this - and it only takes one decent competitor to give them real heartburn...

Here's hoping it is sooner rather than later. And hoping they can really get this fixed! I agree they own the market and us idiots are still willing to be run over with spiked wheels, but that is one time for this little black duck!!!

Yup, Really!! Someone will be happy - If I don't get my notification by Dec 15th I will be cancelling, buying something to play with on vacation over Christmas/New Year, and await all the overstock/regret sales prices in late January - and maybe order the Mavic Pro "II" once released - really released!!!

Happy December and straight Flying folks!!.

Don't cancel your order!!!! Yours is the linchpin keeping them from going over the edge into bankruptcy!!!! No! We can't have that!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Chase R
OK, OK!! - December 16th then!!! Give them a chance to get those containers packed!

Sad thing is, orders for delivery this year are already in containers on the way to LA / Long Beach! Should be in port actually. And I would expect a HUGE news release stating same - sadly, no such news!!

Yes, some will be airfreight, but not to the medium size dealers and not the whole inventory for the Apple's, "Amazon's" and Best Buy's etc. Some individual orders and some medium dealers might get lucky - fingers crossed!

Learn how Chinese business culture works.
They are unable to admit, defeat, mistakes or failure
You are waisting your breath - and your blood pressure.
This is enshrined in thousands of years of culture......

+1 Did a report on differences in business cultures in school. Different world over there.

For Example;

Over....................

If this was a U.S. company they would have raised the price hundreds of dollars after seeing the demand. You have to give them some credit for not following the rules of Sales & Marketing in the US.

Reactions: Auspete and Jengle
LOL. Good luck with that. DJI business practices is really not much different than many other companies in the US.

You pre-ordered a tickle-me-elmo in the heart of tickle-me-elmo season when every kid and their sibling wants their own tickle-me-elmo doll like yesterday. The tickle-me-elmo manufacturer did not expect such extremely high demand which was compounded with the failure/recall of the alternative hug-me-elmo doll, whose customers now all want the tickle-me-elmo instead.

LOL. Good luck with that. DJI business practices is really not much different than many other companies in the US.

You pre-ordered a tickle-me-elmo in the heart of tickle-me-elmo season when every kid and their sibling wants their own tickle-me-elmo doll like yesterday. The tickle-me-elmo manufacturer did not expect such extremely high demand which was compounded with the failure/recall of the alternative hug-me-elmo doll, whose customers now all want the tickle-me-elmo instead.

It would be interesting to know how many tickle-me-elmo's they're able to produce per day. What demand they anticipated & what the actual demand is?

Do you really think DJI would give a flying F about how you think they should do better business, when they're already doing way too good a business to be able to keep up and are drowning in a sea of orders?

They are showing how to do an incredibly successful business - and unsurprisingly that goes with something people tend to forget about these days - making a good product.

Do you really think DJI would give a flying F about how you think they should do better business, when they're already doing way too good a business to be able to keep up and are drowning in a sea of orders?

They are showing how to do an incredibly successful business - and unsurprisingly that goes with something people tend to forget about these days - making a good product.
Good point. I'd much rather have a company like DJI focusing their manpower and resources on developing and cranking out innovative, high quality, and reliable products rather than wasting it on improving customer service.

Yes, having god customer service would be nice too... but I suspect as DJI becomes even bigger after producing wildly popular products like Mavic, then perhaps they will hire more people, expand their CS departments and maybe that will improve too.

For now, making quality stuff that doesn't suck should be priority #1 and they seem to be doing that more or less.

Reactions: Kilrah
Guess you can't take the heat Editor - had to move the discussion - true colors coming to light!!!

See Ya!

Vote with your wallet:
Comcast
At&t
Time Warner cable
Wells Fargo
Verizon
Best buy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads