DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ok to turn location off in tablet?

motopokep

Reactions
Is it ok to turn off GPS (location) in my tablet, if I'm not planning to use the follow me function or have a moving RTH location? It's draining the tablet battery and the stupid RC charging the tablet function that you can't turn off drains more than it would if I turned off the location on the tablet.

Does the GPS on the tablet improve the RTH function at all if I want it to return to same location as the take-off?

A moving RTH location would be Dynamic HP and that uses the gps in the AC.
The GPS location at takeoff is taken from the GPS in the AC.
You would miss out on the function of being able to change the HP to ME. (Which I 'spose could be a moving HP?)

sorry, don't know all the acronyms yet. What's AC? What is ME?

To answer my question, if I don't need follow me or moving HP, ok to turn off gps in tablet?

Sorry mate, I just blindly typed assuming....
AC AirCraft....
ME, me, the controller..
Yes you can turn off location on your tablet.
Follow me, needs gps with you.
Moving HP (Home Point) I assume you are talking about Dynamic Homepoint??? That feature uses GPS in the AC to update the AC HP position every 15 meters or so.
The other option for altering a HP is with ME, that one will need a gps at the controller, to set the HP back to you...(ME)!

yes, DJI is very stupid, to charge the MOBILE from the RC.
IT IS A SENSELESS thing to do

According to the manual, Dynamic Home uses the GPS in the phone or tablet.
You must be reading a different manual to me mate???
I admit it is confusing, and there are conflicting reports and posts, but as far as I know, its the AC.Untitled.png

You must be reading a different manual to me mate???
I admit it is confusing, and there are conflicting reports and posts, but as far as I know, its the AC.View attachment 29509

Yes, that is correct. Thank you. (I rechecked the manual but could not find what I wrote, so I deleted the post before I read yours.)

However, I am not referring to the Dynamic Home Point in Active Track. Perhaps the one I am referring to has a different name.

I'm referring to the type in which the pilot makes the RC/device ("Me") the Home Point, for example, when traveling on a boat. In this case, the Home Point moves each 15m with the RC/device so the pilot may stop the craft after the last 15m move and then catch the device when ready to land it.

That is not also called Dynamic Home Point?

Last edited:
ok, so the gist of it, is "yes", I can turn off GPS in my tablet if I don't plan on using "follow me", it doesn't help RTH in any way, since the mavic has its own gps.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DevinNorgarb