DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old people don't die they just fade away

I fly almost everyday even if I just sit on my back deck and fly around the yard. I never know what I'll see. My very first flight with my drone I videoed a Mtn Lion going thru my back yard. Funny thing I never even knew it till I was looking at the video after on my computer, as was concentrating on flying down my driveway with out hitting the trees. ever since that day that back yard is a great place to fly just a couple weeks ago on my morning flight
I wish I had a drone 20 years ago when I had my ranch in Texas. I would have loved to try to round up horses in the morning using the drone. At the least, I would be able to see which pasture they were in, how the hay was doing and whether the water tanks were full or not.

I wish I had a drone 20 years ago when I had my ranch in Texas. I would have loved to try to round up horses in the morning using the drone. At the least, I would be able to see which pasture they were in, how the hay was doing and whether the water tanks were full or not.
yeh when you think about it UAVs have a lot of positive uses shame the media forget that when they report on them

Come on Guys I put a Challenge out there get off your OLD duffs and lets see some video's or some stills Thumbswayup

Love watching videos of everyday flying. Especially like videos from other countries. As a tourist you don't always see the daily lives of people.

Reactions: mnis
I'll add one more to this forum- just turned 80 in September but I feel like 60. Have had my Mavic Air for 6 months. Have traveled the world but bemoan the fact I didn't have my Mavic Air with me to record all of the wonderful sights I have seen. Now, I am still traveling but unfortunately, wherever I am planning to go, they do not allows drones! I've been trying for months to get applications and permission to fly in Zambia (safari) and Madagascar (photography) but bot countries will confiscate drones at customs! I am not sure I have the guts to try to hide my little Mavic Air in my bag and only use it quickly for tripod like shots from above. I have repeated asked in this forum if anyone has experience with flying in these two countries with not a single reply. So I am still befuddled.

Been an explorer all my life. Now at my age the exploring is a walk around the neighborhood. That is until I got my Mavic 2 Zoom a few months ago. Now I'm up in the mountains exploring again. Setting in my portable chair with coffee in cup holder and snacks in the cooler. Life is great again.

I bought the RE Goggles at the same time as the Mavic. The goggles don't work for me (only have one eye working) so I was going to return them. People starting stopping by me as I was flying to observe. Most people stopping were in the 50+ age group. I let a few of the most curious try the goggles with gimbal headtracking enabled while I flew VLOS. Everyone that tried the goggles were amazed. I'm keeping goggles for observers. Its fun to listen to their excited comments.

A lot of these seniors were now hooked on drones and wanted to know what, where and which drone to buy. Many had the same problem as I do (old age), can't get around much anymore. The physical handicapped also loved the drone.

Politicians before you past any more regulatory laws, think about the benefits drones give to many people. Sure a few people will complain about drones and abuse the drones, but the majority will accept them as they become more common. Enforce the laws you now have. Don't punish the responsible majority of drone pilots with new laws.

Old is as old does! And I ain't fading away any time soon!

Everyone that tried the goggles were amazed. I'm keeping goggles for observers. Its fun to listen to their excited comments.
Same here (almost - no eye problems), they just don't do anything for me while flying. I've let lots of folks use them with me flying and everyone thinks it's awesome.

Reactions: Bobby Brown
Going on 77 and fly my Mavic Pro a couple of times every week, at least. I'm envious of folks who live in more scenic areas, though. A couple of days ago - with no snow on the ground - I flew a Litchi waypoints mission around my rural southern Ohio homestead. It has snowed all day today and will continue most of the night. Tomorrow I'll fly the exact same mission, with 6 inches of snow on the ground, then post side-by-side videos - synchronized perfectly (I hope.) ALWAYS a learning edge.

Reactions: RonSpooner and mnis
Have you played around with ‘Dashware’ yet? Where you synchronise flight data with your video and overlay gauges for Altitude, speed, direction, distance etc etc, very customisable, great fun!
No I haven't tried DASHWARE. Down loaded programme after reading your reply and will give it a try tonight. Hoping it it is not to difficult.

71 here in Texas. I fly the Mavic, Spark and Tello on about 180 acres. I just go straight up in other places as well just to get a view from above. I don't wander in those areas to avoid any problems, just a hundred feet or so up to look at the landscape. I've taken nice shots of our courthouse that the local paper has published. I've take views of some small businesses and churches they've liked (as gifts). It is a fun hobby. If I ever get another drone it'll be the size of the Spark, not folding, with more features, long battery time and monitor in the controller, sort of like the EVO, which I admire a lot. A "homing device" would be nice, too, in order to find a drone if it comes down for some reason. There are a lot of us "mature" folks flying. We're nice calm pilots.

I’m just about to turn 73 and started flying last year. It’s a great excuse to get out there and explore, fun when I’m out with our off-road club here in Arizona wheeling my Jeep.

Where in AZ? I'm near Prescott.

You're only as old as you feel .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark