DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Oncoming Lightning Storm

This took forever to edit. I could of got a lot more but i ended up spending hours upon hours on this. I tried using a python script to scan the video but it didnt work.

I appreciate your hard work, but I don't know who could watch 11 minutes of that.

I appreciate your hard work, but I don't know who could watch 11 minutes of that.
it was mind numbing to say the least...and it was actually an hour and half .... i was left with 35 seconds of video which i then slowed down until it ended up being 11 minutes. I attempted to use this python script to scan the video for lightning but it seemed to be useless... all i ended up with is .csv files that once loaded did not really help at all. I am not sure if i was loading them wrong or what. nevertheless i deleted them all. this is the python script i used. ZapCapture. I also tried this Lightning strikes and Python

I am considering trying this software out later if i have time. Sadly it is not free..... UFOCaptureHD2

I wish there was a simple way to scan the videos for lightning in davinci resolve. I did find a youtube video describing how to do it with after effects but it looks very confusing not to mention i do not use after effects. Creating a Lightning Detector in Adobe After Effects

the sad part of it all is the lightning lasted approx. 5 more hours with no rain .... i could of recorded it all but i spent that entire time watching and editing this approx. 1.5hrs of footage. I have never tried capturing with photos but i imagine that would be equally troublesome. Using video seems to me to be the easiest safest method. meaning i am sure to catch more with video at 4k 60fps. Neverthelss, I need to figure out a better way to deal with the captured video as i have previously stated. Any ideas are welcome.

This footage was actually captured in 4k 30fps because i wanted to try it out considering it is more wide screen or gives more of a field of view compared to 4k 60fps. not sure if i liked the result better.

Last edited:
Reactions: twickers14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_