DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinions on this Mavic video?

Ok .... you asked for "opinions". Loved the video up to 3:40 and then it was just too dark for me. Transitions are smooth and steady and the scenery was varied. The music was too heavy for me ... something lighter with a kind of melody would be nice. .... But hey ... this is just me. Bring us more though.

Reactions: bcjkdem
Ok .... you asked for "opinions". Loved the video up to 3:40 and then it was just too dark for me. Transitions are smooth and steady and the scenery was varied. The music was too heavy for me ... something lighter with a kind of melody would be nice. .... But hey ... this is just me. Bring us more though.
Thank you for the feedback! This is exactly what I was looking for!
Yeah, those sunset scenes are really tricky to work with on this camera, and I probably would have left them out altogether, but I felt the video would lose the "entire day" feel, if I did.
And yes, I was a little worried about the music being a bit much, but went with exactly the type of song you describe in my last video, so I wanted to change it up a bit. I think you are right that a lighter song would appeal to more people.
Thanks again for your thoughts! Greatly appreciated!

Reactions: grizzard
It was very pretty...but too long IMHO...Videos over 2 min are hard to keep watching when it's the same "landscape" and scenery without being broken with different still photos/ideas/people/scenes to grab your attention...and perhaps it's just me..but you did ask...some of the video parts are indeed beautiful...

Used to live in Colorado and loved the footage... I too have been told to keep shared videos between 2-3 mins. Personal and family I seem to gravitate to 4 - 5 mins.

Beautiful part of the country...IMO...I always like at least a fade in / blurred transition between scenes. The abruptness of scene changes doesn't compliment the calmness you want to feel while watching beautiful scenery!

Regarding Length... I personally post full footage, cuz I like to see my flying ability and gimbal movements. I use it for more training purposes. I understand if you are sharing that people would rather see 2-3 mins. But for me...I HATE EDITING! Slap on some music and upload. YouTube is just a storage location for all my videos, whether anyone likes them or not.[emoji12]

Cross fades between similar views would be a little less jarring and possibly fade into and out of black or a blurred cross fade when transitioning from natural scenes to scenes with buildings and/or roads and vehicles !! JMHO !

Thank you all for the input! I will definitely try to keep my next one shorter, and try some cross fades for transitions. I always found them to be a little cheesy, but I think they could work well, on occasion.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre