DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overkill?

Lots of details missing, maybe the drone had an IED or for scouting - if you search youtube the terrorists are getting good at it

I read that this morning too. My thought was that this is a typical US military reaction to a perceived threat. Crack a nut with a front end loader. Or in this case, a 3 million dollar missile.
I have seen footage from a popular river in the US where tourists flock to go rafting etc (it's on YT). This dude put his wee quadcopter up, next thing a ranger? helicopter is flying extremely aggressively over head at very low altitude trying to force the quad to crash. Now, the actions of the heli pilot were putting the public in far, far more danger than the quad ever could. Crazy, dangerous over reaction, but deemed acceptable.

Nothing in this story is even remotely believable, even putting aside the fact that someone would use a massively expensive missile with high risk to hit a cheap drone the patriot missile system is primarily an anti-missile system and I seriously doubt it could even lock onto a very small quadcopter. The complete lack of any actual detail that could be verified or checked is also common for urban myths.

John

I have to also call ********
The damage a Patriot missile would cause to surrounding areas taking out a small drone a few hundred feet in the air would be massive.

Jeez all you need is a hillbilly and a box of buckshot. It'll only cost the taxpayer a six-pack of cold ones too

Reactions: Mavic Dude
I read that this morning too. My thought was that this is a typical US military reaction to a perceived threat. Crack a nut with a front end loader. Or in this case, a 3 million dollar missile. .

This will go south fast.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54