DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overseas travel with Mavic Pro.

From Emirates website:

Drones are not allowed as cabin baggage
For safety reasons, we can’t allow drones on board as cabin baggage. Drones can be accepted as checked-in baggage only. If you have a drone in your checked-in baggage you’ll be asked to either secure the Lithium batteries within the drone or remove the batteries and carry them in your cabin baggage. This regulation still applies even if you’re connecting to our flights from an airline that has accepted drones as cabin baggage.

What is the policy for transporting Dangerous Goods? | Baggage | FAQs | Emirates

Took my Mavic to Norway from UK, they did n't even open my bag, a connecting flight in Norway, I had to agree for them to wipe a swab around the inside to check for explosives. No problems.

Completed my trip from SFO<->South Korea<->MNL with the Mavic and encountered ZERO issues. The bird and controller in their respective cases, and four batteries are housed in a lipo safe bags. I put all these gadgets in a small bag and passed airport security check with no problem. Great experience!

You're taking the drone with the batteries as a carry on? I would've thought the batteries would have to go in checked luggage?

You're taking the drone with the batteries as a carry on? I would've thought the batteries would have to go in checked luggage?
^^^Shaggy, if anything the batteries are exactly what should NOT be in checked luggage...and it's easy to understand why...

Am considering just chancing it too ... quick question though ... in the event that you were searched and your Mavic discovered, and they refused to allow you to take it as carry-on ... what would you have done?

Firstly if you are not flying Emirates, then you are off the hook most other companies authorise drones in carry on.
If they had refused, would have checked it in. But before refusing, their are plenty of things you can do, ask t talk to a supervisor, ask to talk to a company rep etc...in the end worst comes to worst get it gate checked.

Firstly if you are not flying Emirates, then you are off the hook most other companies authorise drones in carry on.
If they had refused, would have checked it in. But before refusing, their are plenty of things you can do, ask t talk to a supervisor, ask to talk to a company rep etc...in the end worst comes to worst get it gate checked.
You say you would have checked it in ... I am not able to do this as I would have already checked my main bag in back in Auckland, so would not be able to add Mavic to my main checked in case ... and as far as I know, you are only allowed to check one piece of luggage in ... I think max 23kg

Just got from Croatia, I had more problems from the uk border control with the magic in my hand luggage and them wondering what is was, I had to take it out of its bag and spread all components out into a tray for three further X-rays and swab test.
TBH I didn't mind, rather them be secure than letting unwanted stuff through.
Croatia, didn't give it a second look.

Hi! I am flying to Thailand in January and I'm doing my research on wether to take my Mavic with me or not anyone with some recent experience? I also do not fly for commercial purposes, purely recreational so I was wondering if I also need to register as they say with Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) ?? Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard