DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Owners of the DJI Mavic Case

Desertdude

Reactions
What are you guys wrapping around your Mavic when you slide it into the Mavic case? I'm using a large rubber band but I'm looking for something else to use. Tell me what you're using.

What are you guys wrapping around your Mavic when you slide it into the Mavic case? I'm using a large rubber band but I'm looking for something else to use. Tell me what you're using.
I used a Velcro strap for a while but honestly it doesn't really need anything. Everything fits just right once it all breaks in.

Nothing, I just carefully put it in and take it out.
The case is quite tight, but I think they were really pushing the portability on the Mavic. Which for my life is exactly what I wanted.
Guy
:)

Nothing.... I remove my props and put them in with the RC.

A band or strap would just be one more thing to deal with and isn't necessary. I put it in the case just like it is. After seeing how well the Mavic held up after a pretty gnarly crash, the dangers of gingerly putting it in a case don't even show up on my radar.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I used a velcro strap for awhile, but eventually it just didn't seem necessary. I put it in the case carefully and it slips in and out easily without snagging.

I use a big blue rubber band but after reading this thread think I am going to try nothing.

Nothing. I stick it in head first, with feet facing back.

So just a heads up for everyone that uses the DJI carry bag. I too carry my mavic gimbal down in the bag with the gimbal cover and gimbal clamp in place. I do a lot of ATV riding in Arizona with the Mavic and on my last trip I opened up the bag and found the gimbal clamp and the cover at the bottom of the bag when I removed it. Come to find out the bottom of the bag is not very well padded in while it was standing up in the back of the ATV, it destroyed the dome and the clamp. must have hit a bump or something. So....just a little advice, don't stand the bag up if you can avoid it when transporting.

NS

So just a heads up for everyone that uses the DJI carry bag. I too carry my mavic gimbal down in the bag with the gimbal cover and gimbal clamp in place. I do a lot of ATV riding in Arizona with the Mavic and on my last trip I opened up the bag and found the gimbal clamp and the cover at the bottom of the bag when I removed it. Come to find out the bottom of the bag is not very well padded in while it was standing up in the back of the ATV, it destroyed the dome and the clamp. must have hit a bump or something.
I'd say for that kind of transport, you're better off with a pelican case.

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
i have the entire fly more package in the bag including both the car charger and the home charger. i think its great how small it is. Thats why we have the mavic otherwise use the p4. Portability is where its at.

Nothing..DJI BAG IS AWESOME

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just shoved it straight in, head first.
I've upgraded to a larger, more protective backpack now though.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Before I got a Mavmount, I'd slide the controller in first (with the joysticks pointing out) and then the bare Mavic.

i have the entire fly more package in the bag including both the car charger and the home charger. i think its great how small it is. Thats why we have the mavic otherwise use the p4. Portability is where its at.

Are you able to fit the entire fly more combo in the DJI bag?.
Going on a trip (out of the country) next week and need to practice how to accomplish this, the reason I bought the Mavic. Otherwise I use either the P4PRO or the P4.

This is why I bought the Mavic for portability. While I won't have it for a few more days I am very interested in leaning from current users.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31