P3S as a training quad while I wait for the Mavic?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anton Chigurh, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Well-Known Member

I've been flying small, indoor drones for a while now, and while I'm waiting for my Mavic I am considering getting a less expensive quadcopter for practice/training for me and my kids (they won't be flying the Mavic). Someone in my area has a brand new in box P3S on Craigslist for $400, so I can probably pick it up for about $350. Would this be a good way to go?

2. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I've owned nearly every dji drone and I can say that at every stage they've been amazing and cutting edge. Only advice would be if you can maybe afford a p3a instead of standard get it. The standard runs on wifi whereas the advanced uses lightbridge. Much stronger signal.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

VOTE *****!!

Advexure likes this.
  3. Advexure

Advexure Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    Second that on a P3A over a P3S. Would be a lot more similar to a Mavic and way more reliable with LB rather than ad-hoc WiFi

4. E92Vancouver

E92Vancouver Well-Known Member

I would get this for $100 brand new. It is a pure manual flying experience and it can do acrobatics.

LaTrax Alias: Quad Rotor Helicopter, Ready-To-Fly with 2.4GHz radio system, 650mAh LiPo battery, and single USB-powered charger. | LaTrax

5. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

As others mentioned above, the P3A is a better aircraft. However, if you're going to get rid of the P3S after you get the Mavic, then the P3S is probably the smarter buy. The P3S and P3A both fly the same, so you'll be able to get a feel for how the Mavic will fly no matter which aircraft you go with.

6. Dirty Bird

Dirty Bird New Member

The P3S is awesome & especially useful as a Litchi aircraft.

kennedye likes this.
  7. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Well-Known Member

To update this thread, Best Buy now has the P3S for $379. I think this is too good to pass up. At this price, once I get my Mavic I'll use the P3A to teach my kids to fly.