DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano mode issue !!

jason38

Reactions
Hi guys!
I tried for the first time the pano mode this afternoon, looks amazing on m'y phone un the DJI GO app...
But when I came back home and wanted to watch it on my PC screen, all pictures were separated, and I dont find any way to stitch them together again on the PC...

How can I do to keep all pics stitched?

Hi guys!
I tried for the first time the pano mode this afternoon, looks amazing on m'y phone un the DJI GO app...
But when I came back home and wanted to watch it on my PC screen, all pictures were separated, and I dont find any way to stitch them together again on the PC...

You need to

Download the pictures to your PC
then google search how to create a Pano picture, you will get a lot of google results with links to sites that can do it for free (watermark is included) or for a charge, or posts that point to programs such as Adobe Premier, paint shop, Microsoft ICE, PTGUI and lots of others
then read the instructions, its real easy with a little practice.

Yep ~you need to stitch the images together. A program called Autopano Giga is probably at the top of the list as far as accuracy and editing goes, for stitching. Many are using Microsoft ICE which is free, but in my opinion it does a terrible job of removing ghosts (double images where two photos overlap). PTGui does a reasonably good job, at a medium price point.

What I did was just took a screenshot of the pano on the DJI go 4 app and then cropped it on my pc. You can’t move the 360 pano around anymore but other than that it’s the same.

Thanks guys! I'll looking for those softs and see whats the best...
Thank tout for your useful tips!

Have some good flights! ;)

Screen shots are cool for glancing at your panos, but screen shots remove the infinite flexibility of a full-scale panoramic render ~by reducing a potential 200 mega-pixel image into a 2mp image. When you get the hang of it ~you can post and view the full sized images online, like this:

Banner Mountain Lookout Tower, Nevada City, CA [v6c]

Or this (same image - move it around to play with the point of view)

SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity

Screen shots are cool for glancing at your panos, but screen shots remove the infinite flexibility of a full-scale panoramic render ~by reducing a potential 200 mega-pixel image into a 2mp image. When you get the hang of it ~you can post and view the full sized images online, like this:

I'm not sure whether I'm hijacking this thread or the mods think this will be ok?? Let me know please!

Qoncussion, your photos are wicked, I did mine, this one with litchi, they look fine and circular on my pc.
I have to resize, (I do that in Paint!) and make them 2:1, upload to Sky pixel and they look crap??
What am I doing wrong?

Yeah, thats pretty cool to view around! But I dont need that option, All I want is to keep the large picture of a horizontal or vertical panorama...

However, I guess you post your panos on a website to see it like that ? Then, can you download it and view it like we do on that website, but directly on your computer ?

Yeah, thats pretty cool to view around! But I dont need that option, All I want is to keep the large picture of a horizontal or vertical panorama...

However, I guess you post your panos on a website to see it like that ? Then, can you download it and view it like we do on that website, but directly on your computer ?
You can download the Basic Ricoh Theta app from here and view the interactive panoramas on your PC.
Download | RICOH THETA

I'm not sure whether I'm hijacking this thread or the mods think this will be ok?? Let me know please!

Qoncussion, your photos are wicked, I did mine, this one with litchi, they look fine and circular on my pc.
I have to resize, (I do that in Paint!) and make them 2:1, upload to Sky pixel and they look crap??
What am I doing wrong?
I think your problem is the way that you resize your pano. True, they must be 2:1. But keep in mind that a true 360x180 panorama has the entire sky included. So you must account for that. The Mavic's camera can only tilt 30° up, so from the horizon (90°) you are only able to capture 120° from the ground up ~leaving 60° of un-photographed sky. So you need to add 60° to the top of your panorama. Let's say that the width of the original pano is 20,000 pixels. Because you're missing a good portion of the sky, your height will be less than half of the 20,000. If you open it in something like Photoshop you'll need to first resize it to 2:1, by simply resizing the canvas to 20,000 X 10,000, which will leave empty space in the top (sky) of the panorama. I have a system for filling in the sky, like on the examples I posted above, but here's one I took where I just threw in a psychedelic sky to fill the gap:

Bear Valley Sunset [2017 12 12]

Last edited:

Unfortunately, not. You need some type of viewer to see the immersive 360° panorama. That's why you need to upload them to a website ~and view them from there.

Reactions: jason38
I think your problem is the way that you resize your pano. True, they must be 2:1. But keep in mind that a true 360x180 panorama has the entire sky included. So you must account for that. The Mavic's camera can only tilt 30° up, so from the horizon (90°) you are only able to capture 120° from the ground up ~leaving 60° of un-photographed sky. So you need to add 60° to the top of your panorama. Let's say that the width of the original pano is 20,000 pixels. Because you're missing a good portion of the sky, your height will be less than half of the 20,000. If you open it in something like Photoshop you'll need to first resize it to 2:1, by simply resizing the canvas to 20,000 X 10,000, which will leave empty space in the top (sky) of the panorama. I have a system for filling in the sky, like on the examples I posted above, but here's one I took where I just threw in a psychedelic sky to fill the gap:

Momento360 | Make the most of your 360 photos and videos

Thanks mate, I'll have to keep trying! I still dont quite get it!
BTW that link just goes to the front page of Momento360.

Hi guys!

How to make 360 degree photo for facebook is one way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beluga