DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama Horizon editing issue?

bmoore1118

Reactions
I am having some issues when editing my air 2s photos.

When I try to stitch my own panorama instead of using the pre-done one I get these weird artifacts in the horizon line of the photo. Usually between the sky and ground.

I have attached an example of one of the photos. It is weird if I look at the panorama done in the drone itself nothing looks bad.

I have tried 2 different stitching software and it comes out like this each time (lightroom and affinity iPad)Untitled (3).jpgUntitled (4).jpg

Last edited:
While I am no expert in Panoramas, what I can tell you is that under very limited circumstances do I use Lightroom, though I have a PS/LR subcription. The program that I use instead is On1 Photo RAW. I think you can buy it for around $100 and there may be some 20% off coupons around somewhere. It's less than that which Adobe picks your pocket in a year, though Photoshop is still the king of Photo editors. I'm pretty sure that the On1PR trial is unlimited over a restricted time period- but not sure. I've been using this program instead of LR for almost 4 years now. LR does have some features that On1PR does not have (like profile building), but I find LR to be much clumsier to use. JMO

Here is a link to the free trial of On 1 Photo Raw. On1 Photo Raw Free Trial Download Page
Below find a tutorial for panoramas with ON1PR...

Reactions: PAW
While I am no expert in Panoramas, what I can tell you is that under very limited circumstances do I use Lightroom, though I have a PS/LR subcription. The program that I use instead is On1 Photo RAW. I think you can buy it for around $100 and there may be some 20% off coupons around somewhere. It's less than that which Adobe picks your pocket in a year, though Photoshop is still the king of Photo editors. I'm pretty sure that the On1PR trial is unlimited over a restricted time period- but not sure. I've been using this program instead of LR for almost 4 years now. LR does have some features that On1PR does not have (like profile building), but I find LR to be much clumsier to use. JMO

Here is a link to the free trial of On 1 Photo Raw. On1 Photo Raw Free Trial Download Page
Below find a tutorial for panoramas with ON1PR...

Sorry to be repetitive, but Adobe Photoshop rarely fails me. I shoot 3 to 7 frames, with 30% overlaps. I upload these to Adobe Camera RAW ACR). Then select all frames (CTRL+A) and then right click on any frame and see the drop down menus, "Merge to Panorama." The magic happens almost immediately. I have never gotten this
abberation in my panos.

Dale
Miami

Attachments

• Pano-Lone Mountain from Road.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Sorry to be repetitive, but Adobe Photoshop rarely fails me. I shoot 3 to 7 frames, with 30% overlaps. I upload these to Adobe Camera RAW ACR). Then select all frames (CTRL+A) and then right click on any frame and see the drop down menus, "Merge to Panorama." The magic happens almost immediately. I have never gotten this
abberation in my panos.

Dale
Miami
Do you reposition the camera/drone manually, or let the drone take the photos automatically?
Can you do the same thing in Lightroom, or only in Photoshop. I know you use different processes than most with your hyperlapses, so assume you go a different route for panos too.

Do you just subscribe to the entire Adobe Cloud for all the apps?

Do you reposition the camera/drone manually, or let the drone take the photos automatically?
Can you do the same thing in Lightroom, or only in Photoshop. I know you use different processes than most with your hyperlapses, so assume you go a different route for panos too.

Do you just subscribe to the entire Adobe Cloud for all the apps?
Nice to hear from you!

Everything is done manually.

I use the GRID view on the RC Pro controller and the Mavic 3. I place the center of the subject on the left side of the frame for the 1st shot. I move progressively across the field of view, overlapping by 25-30% each move of the thumb control (left stick). I take anywhere from 3 to 7 shots, and maybe an extra shot on each side for insurance.

I usually default my processing to Photoshop. I highlight all shots, (CTRL+A). I right click on any shot to bring up the drop down menu, and click the "Merge to Panorama" option. The rest is self explanatory. I make heavy use of the masking tool for the sky and foreground.

Lightroom and Photoshop use the same exact engine! (according to Colin Smith of Photoshop Cafe) who teaches Photoshop each year at the Adobe Show in Las Vegas and also creates for Adobe.

Every year, when my Adobe CC expires, I call them personally and plead for the discounted rate. They have not turned me down yet! I get the entire suite (over 26 apps that I will probably never use) for $26.00 a month billed monthly to my Master Card. I love getting PDF. I can open PDF docs and write on them. I save a lot of e-mails to PDF format. As far as AE (After Effects) I never use it. I use Photoshop mainly, Lightroom ONLY for LR Lightroom 6.0 timelapses, and Premiere Pro. I never use Illustrator, In Design, Dream Weaver,Animation, In Copy, Audition, etc. It is $312.00. year if you do the numbers.

I am out here in Montana for 2 more weeks before returning to hot and humid Miami.
Here is a 16 inch rainbow trout from yesterday.

DaleDale-Rainbow-BigSpringCreek-LewistonMT.jpg

Dale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13