DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Parabolic Range Booster? Pro's Con's - Anyone use these?

Stringfellow-Hawke

Reactions
See the attached pic...

Picked these up on Amazon & they seem to have good reviews...
Anyone else have experience with using these? Are they effective or detrimental..
Or do they not even work at all?? Anyone have field use with these??

I bought them to hope to boost the range in a suburban residential environment where ambient wi-fi will decrease my Mavic's range..

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 57
The Mavic has such amazing system (occusync), that it is not really required but it should offer some improvements. What kind of range are you seeing?

It did me no good took them off signal better

Reactions: Leng
Well, tough to call... I'm a new Mavic pilot, my 2nd flight was a residential using the parabolic. I had the flashing controller icon om my remote but the bars remained strong.. I really need to test fly more.. Wondering if anyone else used these & report a marked improvement?

Polar pro make of the one I took back

Works great for me. Regardless what type of system you have , it always seems like you never have enough. Or you can look at it as it's always nice to have extra on tap if needed.

I use the WindSurfer which are built based on precise measuring from antenna to receiver. If searching you will find more threads on the windsurfer then any other. WindSurfer Antenna Enhancer - Git'r Done!

They don.t work on the mavic infact make it worse

There are lots of videos on YouTube of people testing and it makes it worse

I was disappointed as I use this system on the phantom 4 and it is great but unfortunately it doesn't work on the Mavic

Reactions: digdat0
PolarPro range booster made my signal worse. Each antenna does not line up with the center point of the parabola so it made sense why it was not working.

I read many people say that windsurfer doesn't work. Indeed there seems to be many that doesn't work. Out of curiosity, I bought the 3d Solutions Windsurfer due to a good review I read from someone here.... and it works...somewhat. In another forum I wrote a detailed comparisons and don't feel like doing that again here.

In short, the 3d Solutions Windsurfer works just as well as unboosted Nanosync for a lot less money. How much gain will you get from the windsurfer or the unboosted Nanosync? It will depend very much on your flying area. In my case, not much. Less than 20% more range.

Last edited:
Agreed. No difference. I've seen ranges of 16,600' without them and 16,800' with them with my Mavic in open country.

Reactions: snowman9031
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom