DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WindSurfer Antenna Enhancer - Git'r Done!

flyNfrank

Reactions
The WindSurfer is a parabolic reflector that enhances the signals in relation with the remote controller. This setup is proven and I have referred to it as the best bang for your buck mod. I used one on my P3P with great success. The windsurfer is known to double the distance over the stock antenna. Some say they have seen triple distance results.

I made a flight with my Mavic using the WindSurfer last week to see if the tweaking I did made a difference, or not. I was not trying to see how far I could fly due to some nasty weather moving in. I actually got lucky and was able to fly in some strong winds as the front was moving in. While I was flying away, because of the strong winds it got to the point I was receiving too many "strong wind warnings". Actually, they get to the point where they display in the upper left on the icon tool bar. So I decided to RTH at 2 miles. At that point the signal bars were going back and forth between 3-4 bars. Anyway, this was just to give you some idea how well the windsurfer works with the Mavic. Let me say now that there will be users that install one of these on their setup and say they can't get past 2500ft. And there will be others who will show flights between 15,000-20,000ft.

I get the windsurfer from one of the 1st to build these setups. He doesn't just print them off, but he does a lot of R&D prior making them available. Here's a graph we used when we were discussing the current setup:

perspective.png
And below is what I'm currently using:

WindSurfer2.jpg

WindSurfer.jpg

The link below is much more details about the WindSurfer.

Mavic Pro Signal Booster!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78