DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Paypal Goods and Services and a bad seller

slozukimc

Reactions
Hey All. I recently used Paypal Goods and Services when purchasing a used battery on here. The seller, JeffM, painted the battery to hide cracks and sold it to me as undamaged. I tried and tried to get a refund/reply and eventually escalated the case. The seller kept giving me excuses and saing he must wait til the day before the case closed to refund my money. Then it turns into I must spend my own money to return the damaged item. Well that would have been possible if Jeff would have replied with the address and Paypal’s site would work so I could get it. I contacted Paypal several times with nothing more than an I apologize but our site isn’t working right now. I will NEVER use goods and services again! So now the case has closed saying I did not reply in time. $&@@“@&&&$$$)$&@!!!!!!!!!! I DID reply but got nowhere!

So now the case has closed saying I did not reply in time. $&@@“@&&&$$$)$&@!!!!!!!!!! I DID reply but got nowhere!
You could try calling PayPal for help. I've had frustrating experiences with their automated systems too (as a seller), but was able to get my issues resolved by talking on the phone.

The pics from the original add show the damage as well as the very poor paint job done on the battery! ( you even have the persons hand and fingerprints ). it helps to know what you are looking for with your description it is clear..
I will say it does look like the seller was trying to get away with something shady. Why paint anything?
I hope you get this whole thing resolved

You could try calling PayPal for help. I've had frustrating experiences with their automated systems too (as a seller), but was able to get my issues resolved by talking on the phone.
Tried that and could not get any more than they know their site isn’t working right, please try again soon. I have always used Paypal but I am fed up after this.

The pics from the original add show the damage as well as the very poor paint job done on the battery! ( you even have the persons hand and fingerprints ). it helps to know what you are looking for with your description it is clear..
I will say it does look like the seller was trying to get away with something shady. Why paint anything?
I hope you get this whole thing resolved
I didn’t think to blow the pics up. My mistake there for sure.

Tried that and could not get any more than they know their site isn’t working right, please try again soon
"The site isn't working, so have a nice day" doesn't seem like a response from someone who is going to follow up later and get back to you when the issue can be resolved. If you really care to resolve this issue, then you should call back and ask to speak to someone else who is able to help you work toward a resolution.

"The site isn't working, so have a nice day" doesn't seem like a response from someone who is going to follow up later and get back to you when the issue can be resolved. If you really care to resolve this issue, then you should call back and ask to speak to someone else who is able to help you work toward a resolution.
I have been trying to call Paypal ever since this started and have gotten nowhere. I have emailed, called, texted, all with the same result. The case was escalated and I was told I would have to ship the battery back. I reluctantly agreed. They told me get the address from the resolution page and then provide tracking. The page would not load stating an error on their part. I called and was told there was nothing they could do because it was a technical issue that would be resolved so try again. I kept trying over and overa nd made more calls only to be told the same crap until the time was up. I did everything I was supposed to do. This is a warning post for others that Paypal is not as safe as we thought so please stop trying to tell me what I needed to do.

you still shouldnt have too the seller should have been honest.- As a member here It really bugs me that the seller did this.
Me too man. I have bought a bunch of stuff on these drone forums all with no trouble until now. I hope my misfortune saves someone else the headache.

Reactions: Cafguy
This is why I am very particular about buying DJI batteries. I usually buy new ones, but on occasion will buy "refurbished" ones. Most of the time, they don't even show pics of the actual battery. They just show standard DJI website photos. I read the description and look at the seller's statistics, ratings, complaints etc. I've been lucky buying refurbished, but I will only do it when I'm really short on funds or need to save a few bucks.

This is why I am very particular about buying DJI batteries. I usually buy new ones, but on occasion will buy "refurbished" ones. Most of the time, they don't even show pics of the actual battery. They just show standard DJI website photos. I read the description and look at the seller's statistics, ratings, complaints etc. I've been lucky buying refurbished, but I will only do it when I'm really short on funds or need to save a few bucks.
I thought I might get a bigger battery for a deal. Found out later that I could have bought it new for less. My fault for not doing proper research before buying but I think the seller knew this when he priced it. I can’t say for sure though.

isn't there a way to pay with a credit card on paypal, then you can dispute the charge

Member search doesn’t find this one? Correct name??
This is the thread.

Reactions: Starz
isn't there a way to pay with a credit card on paypal, then you can dispute the charge
Paypal gives you the option of using paypal as a creditor or any card you own as a creditor when you buy something with their paypal service. If you use your own card, you will see a paypal transaction on that card. You can easily dispute the paypal transaction. Most credit card companies already have a distrust of paypal and amazon charges and are more than likely to refund a charge, if you tell them about it in a timely manner.

You can tell your credit card company all kinds of things to get your money back. You can say the product wasn't as described, it doesn't work, it's not the product you ordered. You can even say they sent a box, with a paper weight in it. The credit card company will then credit your card fully. Paypal on the other hand, if you use their credit, will give you the run around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne