DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Paypal Goods and Services and a bad seller

There are several avenues this could have traveled. If the OP sent it back and didn’t receive his refund, would he not have lost his money???? Are you assuming that PayPal would at some point resolve the matter which could certainly happen at some point in time. Just curious.
Another avenue would have been for the seller to send the refund and solve two issues. Keep a satisfied customer and not have these kind of posts visible for all to see. It is possible that the seller simply didn’t have the available funds to return so I can see his side to this unfortunate transaction.
He did state his Paypal account had no funds. I agreed to wait but not until the last day that I could file a dispute. That seemed like a ploy to get past the buyer protection to me.

Reactions: Starz
If you look at post #13...you will see that I have supported you...however, the way you described the battery, it is not usable....so other than a few more dollars to send it back to him, what did you have to lose?..You ask what recourse you would have...it seems that you have no recourse either way other than venting about a dishonest seller ...So to answer your question...yes, I would have sent it and taken a chance....but sooner in the transaction before paypal was off the hook....I would still be after them and at least make them uncomfortable with their role in the matter
If the OP sent it back and didn’t receive his refund, would he not have lost his money???? Are you assuming that PayPal would at some point resolve the matter which could certainly happen at some point in time. Just curious.
@Starz the money is already gone ...that is my point...other than a few dollars for postage, what else did he have to lose?...the battery he paid for seems unusable...as for paypal, I only use it to buy, I don't sell anything other than face to face for cash, and little of that.....but I would hound them

@MARK (LI), one reason not to send it back is he could simply victimize someone else.

To the OP, did you not see the obvious paint and fingerprints in the original ad? Not leveling criticism, just curious as to how you missed this. I saw the fingerprint right away, which was highly suspicious.

We'll, I can see some folks don't know how to use Paypal. Look, you take the conversation with the seller offline and out of process and for sure it's likely to go sideways. This is a problem from 10 year or longer ago and sadly I see it is still happening. I guess people don't like the Paypal process and would rather have their own offline conversation and negotiate their own timeframes and return statuses and shipping process and yes, you're likely to get burned. If you want to set aside the Paypal process in favor of your own methods and procedures for dealing with online thieves, good luck with that.

Everything discuss here is already taken care of by Paypal whether it's the shipping, the refund status, how long it takes to process....everything. The buyer doesn't have to worry about whether the seller has any money in their account. The buyer doesn't get "burned" when they process their shipping return thru the Paypal portal. The buyer doesn't have to worry about anything until they FORGO the approved process and do what THEY think is best because they allow feelings to take over such as worry about a strike again someone's account or feeling sorry about someone's financial condition etc. When you use Paypal, the money is never "gone." Paypal has been known to refund you while they go after the seller themselves. If the seller is truly a scammer, it's up to Paypal to flag his account and limit his resources and block him from further transactions only on the "safe platform" not in the big bad world; but neither you nor Paypal are tasked with trying to prevent to him from selling a bogus battery to the next victim. That's a waste of time and not your concern. Leave feedback in the forum: "I had to settle this transaction thru a Paypal resolution dispute." Move on.

It's 2024, get with the times. If you don't know how to navigate the Paypal process (not just PAY with it), I get it; not for everybody. Perhaps you better off pretending like it's 1994 and you have to only buy local where you can see and touch the good and pay with cash because the online world is full of scammers that you can't deal with; Paypal is not for everyone.

Like I said earlier no judgment so no offense OP but paypal doesn't just lock you out of your dispute with a glitch. Paypal doesn't glitch and cost buyers millions of dollars because their systems are "down" for a day or two. Maybe that's what you are told but that's unacceptable and would never be tolerated. Paypal works for 99% of the people who use it properly but it's not perfect.

If you look at post #13...you will see that I have supported you...however, the way you described the battery, it is not usable....so other than a few more dollars to send it back to him, what did you have to lose?..You ask what recourse you would have...it seems that you have no recourse either way other than venting about a dishonest seller ...So to answer your question...yes, I would have sent it and taken a chance....but sooner in the transaction before paypal was off the hook....I would still be after them and at least make them uncomfortable with their role in the matter

@Starz the money is already gone ...that is my point...other than a few dollars for postage, what else did he have to lose?...the battery he paid for seems unusable...as for paypal, I only use it to buy, I don't sell anything other than face to face for cash, and little of that.....but I would hound them

We'll, I can see some folks don't know how to use Paypal. Look, you take the conversation with the seller offline and out of process and for sure it's likely to go sideways. This is a problem from 10 year or longer ago and sadly I see it is still happening. I guess people don't like the Paypal process and would rather have their own offline conversation and negotiate their own timeframes and return statuses and shipping process and yes, you're likely to get burned. If you want to set aside the Paypal process in favor of your own methods and procedures for dealing with online thieves, good luck with that.

Everything discuss here is already taken care of by Paypal whether it's the shipping, the refund status, how long it takes to process....everything. The buyer doesn't have to worry about whether the seller has any money in their account. The buyer doesn't get "burned" when they process their shipping return thru the Paypal portal. The buyer doesn't have to worry about anything until they FORGO the approved process and do what THEY think is best because they allow feelings to take over such as worry about a strike again someone's account or feeling sorry about someone's financial condition etc. When you use Paypal, the money is never "gone." Paypal has been known to refund you while they go after the seller themselves. If the seller is truly a scammer, it's up to Paypal to flag his account and limit his resources and block him from further transactions only on the "safe platform" not in the big bad world; but neither you nor Paypal are tasked with trying to prevent to him from selling a bogus battery to the next victim. That's a waste of time and not your concern. Leave feedback in the forum: "I had to settle this transaction thru a Paypal resolution dispute." Move on.

It's 2024, get with the times. If you don't know how to navigate the Paypal process (not just PAY with it), I get it; not for everybody. Perhaps you better off pretending like it's 1994 and you have to only buy local where you can see and touch the good and pay with cash because the online world is full of scammers that you can't deal with; Paypal is not for everyone.

Like I said earlier no judgment so no offense OP but paypal doesn't just lock you out of your dispute with a glitch. Paypal doesn't glitch and cost buyers millions of dollars because their systems are "down" for a day or two. Maybe that's what you are told but that's unacceptable and would never be tolerated. Paypal works for 99% of the people who use it properly but it's not perfect.
So are you calling me a liar? The resolution page would not load so I could send the battery back! What is so hard to understand about that? How am I supposed to return the item if I can’t get the address? I don’t have recordings of the multiple calls I made to Paypal to get the problem fixed so I guess it is up to you to speculate and not read the whole post before spouting off that I don’t know how to use Paypal. As I said before I have used the dispute process many times since 2003 I think it was when I got Paypal. This time there was a glitch that was not fixed in time.

No one is calling you a liar at all...I just said that I would hound Paypal to come around and realize the problem they were experiencing is what caused you to go past the cut off date, and hopefully get them to "do the right thing".I hope you do that ..I sincerely wish you good luck

Last edited:
No one is calling you a liar at all...I just said that I would hound Paypal to come around and realize the problem they were experiencing is what caused you to go past the cut off date, and hopefully get them to "do the right thing".I hope you do that ..I sincerely wish you good luck
Ok. I am sorry I took it that way man. I am still quite irritated. I am still trying to get through to someone that can help. I can’t even click the link to prove the glitch existed as it doesn’t appear any more. I haven’t had time to sit on hold and fight with getting through to a person via the automated bullcrap for the last few days. I never thought I would need to take screenshots to cover my butt with PP. I have trusted they would just be there to help as always.

So are you calling me a liar? The resolution page would not load so I could send the battery back! What is so hard to understand about that? How am I supposed to return the item if I can’t get the address? I don’t have recordings of the multiple calls I made to Paypal to get the problem fixed so I guess it is up to you to speculate and not read the whole post before spouting off that I don’t know how to use Paypal. As I said before I have used the dispute process many times since 2003 I think it was when I got Paypal. This time there was a glitch that was not fixed in time.
Again, no judgment so not saying you are lying but the story was hard to follow at first so my fault for not understanding it correctly from the beginning. I assumed you refused to return the battery until you got a refund first and I don't remember that being the "process." I could be wrong because I guess there are multiple processes depending on the situation from the start so maybe it is common for ebay to decide who is at fault and then decide who gets to go first, the refund or the return.

You are correct, the Paypal return process is not about getting a return address, it's about starting the returns process so it wouldn't matter if you got the return address directly from the seller, nothing works unless you can click on that button and kickoff the process. Either way, there's no risk of someone getting ripped off when you both deal *inside* the process so it should never be a question on timing but I understand you experienced a technical problem with the process which got in the way of you trying to follow the approved process. That's on Paypal so as others have said, there's your claim....not the seller who may or may not need to be thrown under the bus. And there's no beef with the resolution process, you just didn't get a chance to use it timely, right?

Good luck with working it out with paypal but not seeing why the seller needs to come here in the thread and get involved or even why your credit card needs to get involved; there's no actual product dispute from what I gather. I'm not much of a computer guy so I'll have to bow out now since I can't comment on these glitches and outages and how computers and websites works, etc. I wasn't aware of Paypal's chronic history on this so good to know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N