DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone (but not RC) disconnecting repeatedly

kona

Reactions
I got a replacement drone two weeks ago and have had this annoying issue in addition to the disconnection issue I had with the old drone (one of its four defects) where the phone (Android) will disconnect all the time, but especially while turning everything on (before flight) without the RC actually disconnecting. Sometimes it comes back on but the only sure way to do it is to powercycle both RC and aircraft 2-3 times. Does anybody else have this? It's so frustrating and makes it very hard to enjoy flying this thing to have to prepare it 5 minutes every time and then fear that it will disconnect again during the flight. Sometimes the app also crashes, but usually it will just disconnect, pretty much on every flight. I then have to hover (or hope it hovers) and restart it multiple times. Sometimes it never reconnects and I have to fly the drone back by eye. I called DJI and they were utterly useless.

I have not with this new one, but will try. Thanks.

Couple more things to try:

Clean the USB port on your phone (carefully)

Turn on USB Debugging (Google this for a guide how, it's very easy).

Reactions: kona
I'm having the same issue. For me, the full sized USB connection will solve the issue. However, I'm not exactly satisfied with this as a solution on a brand new aircraft/controller.
My hope is that this is an issue with firmware or the app which will be fixed in a soon to be released update.

check to see if your Craft and Controller is on the same firmware version.....it Happens
...........C

For me, it's happening when I change apps while flying it. I have developed a habit where I take off using GO4, then switch to Hangar and once I finish with my panorama mission I change back to GO4 to continue flight. Until that moment, no disconnection happens, but if I go another time to Hangar and back to GO4, then a disconnection between the RC and the iPhone will happen for sure. Hopefully, I have figured out that by physically disconnecting for a moment the side connector of the tiny USB cable on the RC and connect it back the problems is resolved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB