DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo and Video Overlay

nedcampbell

Reactions
So would like any advice and tools / programs people can offer:
- I have some background video that I really like
- I would like to edit some people pictures (figures only, all background taken out) and have them appear in the foreground of the video
- They would fade from one picture to the next as an overlay
- So basically running two channels
- One video channel
- And then layers of photo figures on top of them
- It would really be cool to have some of the pseudo-animated effects on the photo figures to give it a third dimension of movement
I'm a novice editor and use Filmora right now for my video editing.
Any advice or ideas?
Thx.
Ned

Im not familiar with Filmora - ...
… but I use After Effects … and Davinci Resolve and NCH VideoPad - so I have a little experience...

Seems like your Background Video - is Stable and untouchable - Layer 1

Layer 2 … Not sure if if these have a Chroma Layer outside the Figure - … But to superimpose … them You should either replace their Background with a Green Screen or Use some Alpha Chanel to make the 'Figures' as you call them Act as Stickers of some Kind.

Animating these then, would require some work - Just a simple enlarge , rotate or movement on a swivelling Z-axis - or simply moving diagonally across the screen in a fixed Motion can create a nice effect... You could fade them in and Out as well...

Have a look at this simple green screen dragon effect at Night …. for some Ideas.
Note: the Demonstration is a QUICK Idea of greenScreening for your Figures - It was done quickly as a Demo - and not to show Accuracy of presentation

Here the effect was made bigger and smaller to create a feeling of distance - ...

Im not familiar with Filmora - ...
… but I use After Effects … and Davinci Resolve and NCH VideoPad - so I have a little experience...

Seems like your Background Video - is Stable and untouchable - Layer 1

Layer 2 … Not sure if if these have a Chroma Layer outside the Figure - … But to superimpose … them You should either replace their Background with a Green Screen or Use some Alpha Chanel to make the 'Figures' as you call them Act as Stickers of some Kind.

Animating these then, would require some work - Just a simple enlarge , rotate or movement on a swivelling Z-axis - or simply moving diagonally across the screen in a fixed Motion can create a nice effect... You could fade them in and Out as well...

Have a look at this simple green screen dragon effect at Night …. for some Ideas.
Note: the Demonstration is a QUICK Idea of greenScreening for your Figures - It was done quickly as a Demo - and not to show Accuracy of presentation

Here the effect was made bigger and smaller to create a feeling of distance - ...
That's awesome -- I will check out these other tools too!
I know I may need to up my game a bit so these could be fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine