DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo stitching software for large photos

I'm using the TRIAL version of MetaShape right now. Whew lots of learning here LOL
I am not an expert but if you need help let me know.

Reactions: Gagey52 and BigAl07
So other than Trial & Error how/where do you learn more about WebODM? I'm having a heck of a time and can't seem to get any reply from Customer Service (only been 2 days just to be fair).
I went ahead and set up a node, then tried again on Linux. Much better there. Like many community supported projects, it is more of a self-supported initiative. It wasn't that bad to bring up the server and dependencies, and then load a bunch of photos in a project and let it think. The output and the 3d models for example are amazing. I spent a fun weekend getting it all set up, and now have it running for when I need to do some orthos. I did end up bring up more nodes to be able to process more/faster.

Reactions: Gagey52
One of out clients @zeusfl uses Drone Link and Drone Deploy to take the pictures but I am not sure what he uses to merge them < I will update with the software he uses. Edited.

He uses Agisoft Metahape Pro for the merging of the pictures and the Drone Link for the work flow.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water
I use Agisoft Metashape Pro to produce an ortho-photo-mosaic for my research into irrigation channel leakage using a UAV (drone). Produces one image from 1000+ UAV images that can be processed using other software.
Neville
Queensland, Australia

Reactions: Gagey52 and zeusfl
I am looking for real world software that can stitch houndres of photos together to create a large high quality Arial photo. Their seems to be many applications available, but many that I tested are unstable and inaccurate. Is their any suggestions for software that really works?
If you are not moving the drone between pictures (other than panning up-down-left-right) then any panorama stitching software will do. I use PTGUI which isn't free but works very well for panoramas incorporating over 500 pictures at multiple exposures (which I've shot).

Movement, either of the drone or things in the scene, can cause stitching errors that require manual correction. Sometimes the results are better than others, but I think I've managed some reasonable stitches: :)

If you want to move the drone and create a photo mosaic then you need more specialized software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_