DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photoguard insurance

FifeFlyer

Reactions
Spoke to Photoguard today with hope of insuring my mavic and I was told that whilst they do cover fly-aways they require the body of the drone to be returned otherwise it's called a complete loss and not covered.

Are there any companies that cover fly-aways in the true sense of the word? I'm happy to pay an elevated premium for the peace of mind.

Hi mate did you take a policy out with photoguard? I'm looking at getting a policy myself and their quote was really cheap

Hi mate did you take a policy out with photoguard? I'm looking at getting a policy myself and their quote was really cheap

Hi mate, no i didn't as I didn't really see the point tbh.

I have the dji refresh and photo guard don't not offer anything for fly-aways (unless you have the drone) nor public liability

Seems a pointless exercise

DJI refresh offers nothing but an inflated extended warranty and an expensive one at that. You pay £99 for the initial policy and then you can have up to 2 additional replacements if an accident happens at a cost of £79 and £129 respectively - but you still have to be able to return the crashed Mavic to them so you're not covered for loss by fly away. They say you get 'priority shipping and service' for that... plenty of horror stories on this forum of people who would refute that claim.

Or.... for £27 you could get an insurance policy with Photo Guard, Aviva, or a few others now doing it that covers pretty much the same thing. Then join the BMFA for public liability insurance cover at £33. It's a no brainier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
DJI refresh offers nothing but an inflated extended warranty and an expensive one at that. You pay £99 for the initial policy and then you can have up to 2 additional replacements if an accident happens at a cost of £79 and £129 respectively - but you still have to be able to return the crashed Mavic to them so you're not covered for loss by fly away. They say you get 'priority shipping and service' for that... plenty of horror stories on this forum of people who would refute that claim.

Or.... for £27 you could get an insurance policy with Photo Guard, Aviva, or a few others now doing it that covers pretty much the same thing. Then join the BMFA for public liability insurance cover at £33. It's a no brainier.
Exactly what I've done - I have my public liability (£25,000,000 from BMFA) and 'accidental damage' from Photo Guard. The cost of both is less than the cost of my first 'Refresh' if I ever had to use it - which now seems to me to have been a total waste of money.

Reactions: westonmavicpilot
interesting read, cant beat a good old thread revival. Well i just missed out by hours on the care package. Yes i could do a video of 5 or 6 minutes and send off, there is no damage or been crashed. Being out hours i emailed them and still await a response, i dont think i will hold my breath. For the air 2 its £79 upfront.

So then i started to look at insurance, narrowed down to 2 or 3 and decided on photoguard. Annual premium of £61 insured for the actual value of £760. £50 excess on any claim. So maybe me not being bothered to do a video and dji not replying, has saved me a few £.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi